TRUMP: Those Who Commit Hate Crimes, Mass Murder Must Face ‘Quick, Decisive’ Death Penalty

Originally published at: TRUMP: Those Who Commit Hate Crimes, Mass Murder Must Face ‘Quick, Decisive’ Death Penalty | Sean Hannity

President Trump called-for the death penalty in “mass murder” charges across the United States Monday; saying capital punishment should be used “without years of needless delay.”

“Today, I am also directing the Department of Justice to propose legislation ensuring that those who commit hate crimes and mass murders face the DEATH PENALTY – and that this capital punishment be delivered quickly, decisively, and without years of needless delay,” said the President from the White House.

Today, I am also directing the Department of Justice to propose legislation ensuring that those who commit hate crimes and mass murders face the DEATH PENALTY – and that this capital punishment be delivered quickly, decisively, and without years of needless delay. pic.twitter.com/BDXdpelK7F

— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) August 5, 2019

The FBI and Department of Justice urged Americans to remain vigilant Monday; releasing a statement that warned of a heightened risk of “copycat” mass shooters following last weekend’s deadly attacks.

“The FBI remains concerned that U.S.-based domestic violent extremists could become inspired by these and previous high-profile attacks to engage in similar acts of violence,” the statement said. “The FBI asks the American public to report to law enforcement any suspicious activity that is observed either in person or online.”

“I am proud of our state and local law enforcement partners and the immediate response of FBI agents, analysts, and professional staff, working in close coordination to assist them,” said Director Christopher Fray. “I have been in contact with the president and the attorney general, and they both have expressed their support for the FBI’s work in the wake of these tragedies.”

President Trump addressed the American people from the White House Monday morning after a weekend of deadly gun violence; offering condolences to the victims and their families and calling for stricter background checks and red flag laws across the United States.

“We cannot let those killed in El Paso, Texas, and Dayton, Ohio, die in vain. Likewise for those so seriously wounded. We can never forget them, and those many who came before them. Republicans and Democrats must come together and get strong background checks, perhaps marrying this legislation with desperately needed immigration reform. We must have something good, if not GREAT, come out of these two tragic events!” posted the President on social media.

….this legislation with desperately needed immigration reform. We must have something good, if not GREAT, come out of these two tragic events!

— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) August 5, 2019

The El Paso shooting at a Walmart over the weekend is now being investigated as an act of “Domestic Terrorism” and could carry the death penalty for 21-year-old suspect Patrick Crusius.