Trump support and why Dems should fear it

It is temporary and the tariffs will lead to a much better long term agreement with China.

Conservatives used to be against tariffs too. Now a handout to farmers, who are being hurt by tariffs, to keep them loyal to Trump and republicans, is all good. Yeesh.

Libs don’t mind 1 sided tariffs against us though is that it?

Nobody wins a trade war and I have no idea what libs want.

I would think you would have an inside track as to what libs think.

That’s a good perspective. The thing is, though, given some of what we see here, I’m not sure that in itself is going to be the breakthrough because you’ll have people like Pirro and our host (as well as Trump) loudly proclaiming his innocence no matter what. I think it’ll take other factors, though exactly what I can’t predict. Maybe the good part of this is that Dems are highly ramped up. The midterms aren’t going to be a cakewalk for the R’s by any stretch.

Assuming the R’s haven’t blocked them.

Did you read the article I posted about the ND soybean farmers,

Perhaps you should go to that “hereabouts” and find out what the story is?

Allan

Welfare for farmers equals good

welfare for city folk equals bad

Allan

Nope

Welfare to keep Republican votes = good

Welfare for democrats = bad.

3 Likes

I really enjoy the bombastic war rhetoric over trade.

Onward soldiers of trade negotiation.

LOL.

:clown_face:

You did. You predicted it ad nauseum.

You equate hard working farmers with people sitting on the couch and doing very little?

Figures. :grinning:

Yeah those Walmart employees etc who have to supplement their income with Welfare are sitting on the couch.

Yeah, lower enlisted Soldiers receiving WIC are just sitting on their couches.

His popularity is irrelevant unless a clear message can be put forth by the Dems

I wouldn’t say it’s completely irrelevant. Message is always important, but Trump is still unpopular with a majority of Americans. That’s meaningful.

So because you work hard you deserve welfare.

Figures.

Allan

I wouldn’t call helping the farmers welfare. Helping lazy butts who could do better is indeed welfare and where the left prefers the money to go.

So you’re against welfare except when you’re not.