Trump suggested nuking hurricanes to stop them from hitting U.S

Um…did you happen to notice that your own link stated the idea wouldn’t work, and there was a video where a guy from the NOAA explained why?

this is what happens when you get your knews off of lefty lulu twitter feeds

…a bunch of slobber happens?

1 Like

that too! plus who knows what else

1 Like

Read then link before you post people!!/!!!/!///!!!

What happened

the joke op story

can’t wait for conservatives daily thread about President Biden.

Canadians don’t count when it comes to domestic American politics, so I certainly hope you’re at least enjoying the show from the stands up there. :wink:

Oh, did we figure out whether trump said this or not? Roxie seemed to say it was a thing, so trump was simply rehashing an old idea. Which one is it?

Perfect representation of his worshippers.

Dropping a nuke on a hurricane is an insane idea.

However, dropping two nukes on a hurricane just might do the trick.

4 Likes

The deflections are going to be rampant. Because they can no longer defend this madness.

One, two three, four can I get some more before.

I love watching people give up defending trump and just attack people for reporting what he says lol

7 Likes

That little box that holds his Big Mac?

Who new?

1 Like

If he said the Earth was flat, that too would be an idea he didn’t make up on his own. Poor excuse.

To come up with solutions to intractable problems such as the repetitive trauma of hurricanes striking inhabited coastal areas, something called brainstorming has been found to be extremely useful. Our imagination is hindered if we fear bring judged critically for expressing an unthought-through idea, so for the sake of innovation, we choose to turn off the idea-critical aspect of our thinking and to throw out possibly foolish ideas onto the table to be critiqued after the brainstorm, to see if any of them might suggest a new way forward.

I suspect someone wanting to undermine Trump has taken a statement made uncritically during a problem-solving episode and is painting it as a product of Trump’s critical thinking. It is uncertain whether the word “nuclear” was used. The idea of disrupting a developing hurricane with powerful bombs of bunker- buster size or more, may have been floated in such a presidential brainstorming session

Personally, I don’t see any problem with the idea being touted in such a context. It shows that the president’s mind is creative and that he is self-aware enough to not be afraid to suggest ideas outside the box. The leaders of cities like LA, San Fran and NY don’t seem to be able to think of creative ideas that will actually solve their homelessness, crime and middle class exodus problems. They simply re-label the problems to make them sound less serious than they are. 'We don’t have "convicted felons in San Francisco any more. We only have “justice involved persons” '.

1 Like

Brainstorming? How about this idea:

“We should invent a time machine to know exactly where the hurricane will hit. Then we can properly prepare for it and evacuate people.”

That’s no less ridiculous than Trump’s “brainstorming.”

3 Likes