Trump sues in bid to block congressional subpoena of financial records

Couple things on this:

• You realize of course this is EXACTLY WHY presidential candidates release their taxes before they are elected, right? So that the opposition can’t start poking around after the fact. Get everything out there - let everyone see where you money comes from, and put all questions to rest BEFORE you are POTUS.

• This is poetic justice. Trump went nuts because the TV told him Obama was born in Kenya. Lied to the american public about sending PIs to HI who were finding things, so trump says… Obama’s repose…here is my BC you idiot… Now, congress hears from Trump’s lawyer, under oath, that the POTUS has committed financial crimes, and so they really are investigating. Trump’s response - he sues to stop them!

1 Like

It actually is funny.

1. 6103(f) does not overrule Constitutional rights
  2. That deals only with taxes. There is a thread on this. This is about subpoenaing financial records.

Are student records and birth certificates publix domain?

Did congress try to subpoena anyone’s student records or birth certificate?

6103 doesnt attempt to override constitutional rights.

Stop trying to play moderator here.

Sometimes I like to reminisce…

https://thehill.com/homenews/house/216470-subpoenas-under-rep-issa-top-100

https://www.theledger.com/article/LK/20071215/News/608123084/LL/

That would need to have a reason to impeach first.

Nope. They don’t.

Yes they do. They don’t have a lawful reason to see them.

They don’t need a “lawful reason” they only need legislative intent which they have established…

Comey kept notes. LOL Enough said.

The President’s former lawyer said under sworn testimony to Congress that the President has committed insurance and bank fraud.

He also testified that the proof can be found by looking into his financial history.

Even knowing that… they don’t need that reason.

But they have a very good reason.

Don’t know why people are running cover for the President over this one.

Because there’s a good chance that their King will be exposed as a fraud.
Its tough to idolize a fraud (I guess not, but people still do it).

What is the source of your “knowledge” about this issue?

Fifth Avenue Syndrome is very real, as this thread so clearly demonstrates.

I dont really care if it is revenge… ■■■■ these people.

They go to bat for him because they are him.

Do you think ordering your own people to lie and can Mueller is perfectly legal and completely moral?

I think what this topic has clearly established is that the acolytes of D Trump have chosen the three monkeys’ principle. Albeit the third one is not adhered to often with respect to their treatment of opponents of D Trump’s behaviour.