TRUMP RIPS CNN REPORTER: ‘You Don’t Have the Brains You Were Born With’

Originally published at: TRUMP RIPS CNN REPORTER: ‘You Don’t Have the Brains You Were Born With’ | Sean Hannity

President Trump scolded a reporter with CNN after asking a “self-congratulation question” Sunday; saying the journalist no longer “has the brains they were born with.”

“Today we hit the grim milestone of more than 40,000 Americans now having died from the coronavirus. Can you explain then why you come out here and you are reading clips and — and showing clips of praise for you and for your administration? Is this really the time for self-congratulation?” CNN’s Jeremy Diamond asked.

“Well, I will tell you this, what I’m doing is I’m standing up for the men and women that have done such an incredible job,” Trump responded. “Not for me, for the men and women, admirals, vice president, if I might, but all of the men and women. Thousands, tens of thousands of them that build hospitals in New York and New Jersey and all over this country in record time. They’d throw up 1,000 beds in 4 days. I’m sticking up for those people. Those people have been incredible. I’m also sticking up for doctors and nurses and military doctors and nurses.”

Jeremy Diamond: "More than 22 million Americans are unemployed and 40,000 have died from COVID-19. Is this the time for self-congratulation?"

Trump: "You’re fake news-you don’t have the brains you were born with-I’ve had the most unfair press in history." pic.twitter.com/CLUbuCM4Oy

— Amee Vanderpool (@girlsreallyrule) April 20, 2020

“But the clips that you played and what you read earlier was praising you and your administration. Why is now the moment to do that? On the day more than 40,000 Americans have now died?” Diamond said.

“Those people have been just absolutely excoriated by some of the fake news like you. You’re CNN. You’re fake news. And let me just tell you, they were excoriated by people like you that don’t know any better because you don’t have the brains you were born with. You should be praising the people that have done a good job, not doing what you do,” Trump said.

Watch the fiery exchange above.