Trump Ordered Officials to Give Jared Kushner a Security Clearance

How is this ■■■■ even legal? Fat donald overruled his own COS and WH counsel AND lied about it. Also, why in the hell does this clown still have top security clearance?

Mr. Trump’s decision in May so troubled senior administration officials that at least one, the White House chief of staff at the time, John F. Kelly, wrote a contemporaneous internal memo about how he had been “ordered” to give Mr. Kushner the top-secret clearance.

The White House counsel at the time, Donald F. McGahn II, also wrote an internal memo outlining the concerns that had been raised about Mr. Kushner — including by the C.I.A. — and how Mr. McGahn had recommended that he not be given a top-secret clearance.

4 Likes

Another crime on the impeachement file.

Seriously, Republicans will never be able to say a thing about any Democrat again. Do they even have the faintest idea what they’re doing to themselves?

7 Likes

Looks like the security clearance process is now greatly simplified for future Presidents. That’s great.

3 Likes

Future Presidents (possibly Democrat) can save money by not doing the clearance process at all.

The new security clearance policy is “the president’s gut”.

I feel like a “not technically illegal” is appropriate to inject here as one of our standard responses.

1 Like

He’s the president, that’s how it’s legal.

What crime is that exactly? Cite the statute.

They are liars and always will be…even ivanka…

But this is technically legal

Start the impeachment libs…it’s been 2 months and you guys still haven’t started it yet.

Did they lie to their base?

As the Russian Gate story of the last 2 and 1/2 years is starting to look more and more like a big nothing burger the attention will shift elsewhere.

Not really…this is just another atory showing trump and his family are liars…which means zero to trump supporters…

Since when has Cronyism been a bad thing.

no one ran on impeachment.

I wish Democrats had been clever enough to adopt the “not technically illegal” line of reasoning though. Would have saved a lot of headache.

I agree it isn’t a crime. Do you think it is good policy?

Yeah…that wouldnt have stopped the right…

Got nepotism?

Is that the issue? That it’s legal?? I would think that, regardless of our other differences, we’re both concerned about proper access to classified information, right? You’re OK with ANY President, Republican or Democrat, overriding the judgement of career people whose very job is to prevent ■■■■ like this? Just so the son-in-law can have access to the same briefings the father-in-law can’t read, then pass along the juicier tidbits to his buddies the Saudis and Qataris?

Oh well, at least I’ll never have to hear any more BS about “her emails!”

And you’re okay with that?