Trump on Whitaker's qualifications to be Attorney General of the United States

This is a literal quote from Trump. Anyone who thinks Trump shouldn’t be summarily thrown out of office after reading this should have their head examined:

[Trump] Well, Matt Whitaker, I don’t know Matt Whitaker. Matt Whitaker worked for Jeff Sessions, and he was always extremely highly thought of, and he is still is, but I didn’t know Matt Whitaker. He worked for Attorney General Sessions. He was VERY, VERY highly thought of, and still is highly thought of, but this only comes up because anybody that works for me, they do a number on them. But Matt Whitaker is a very smart man, he is a very respected man in the law enforcement community, VERY respected at the top of the line, and actually, the choice was greeted with raves initially, and it still is in some circles, on, you know, it’s a shame that no matter who I put in, they go after him, its very, uh, very sad I have to say. He’s, uh, acting, I think he’ll do a very good job, but we’ll see what happens, but I will say this, Matt Whitaker is a very highly respected man, and… you didn’t have any problems with Matt Whitaker when he worked for Jeff Sessions. He is respected by law enforcement, he is a very strong law enforcement personality and person…

It’s the easily probable lies that are really baffling

1 Like

Trump last month:

FROM OCTOBER:

The Washington Post reported that Trump had talked to Whitaker himself about the job, and Trump did not deny it. “Well, I never talk about that, but I can tell you Matt Whitaker’s a great guy. I mean, I know Matt Whitaker. But I never talk about conversations that I had,” he said on Fox and Friends.

Why does he do that? It’s a really specific kind of Trump lie–and he does it endlessly. And why do his supporters and enablers love love love this kind of lying so much?

You just can’t make this stuff up.

One day it’s “I know Matt Whitaker”

Then later it’s “I don’t know Matt Whitaker”

This guy lies as easily as he breathes. And as easily as he cheats on wives. Yet his faithful will never call him on it.

1 Like

Even if Trump wasn’t lying (which he obviously is), what kind of an idiot would appoint someone “he doesn’t know” to the highest law enforcement position in the country? Even if you like Trump’s “policies,” (whatever that is supposed to mean), how could you not declare him grossly incompetent for this? How can you believe that the executive branch is not in total chaos?

I started a whole thread on the old board about this specific kind of Trump-lie. He’s done it consistently since the beginning of the campaign. Among his many toxic personal qualities, which would make normal people run away in their daily lives, how in the world do you deal with someone who lies this casually and reflexively over nothing?

If he’s like this about relatively inconsequential stuff, do you think he might lie about, I dunno, more important things–especially if they threaten his self-interest in any perceived or substantive way?

1 Like

I’m pretty sure most of us have come to the conclusion that whenever Idiot Boy opens his mouth, HE ■■■■■■■ LIES.

1 Like

He speaks just like us.

All of us posters should just lie on this board as much as Donald Trump. It would drive The Mods insane but it would be a great example of what Trump does and how sleazy it is.

Right. I never called Trump supporters racist jack holes.

Trump turned over control of a federal agency with 100,000 employees and a roughly $30 billion budget to someone “he doesn’t know.”

You trumptards lap it up.

1 Like

Because hero worship. Because daddy complex. Because 30 years of being told to hate America by the CEC unless it was their version of America. Etc., etc.

1 Like

Yeah. About 40% of the people in the country are truptards who hate those who disagree with them. Good find.

Yep. Seems so. Why did y’all hate America so much that you chose a pathological liar who had less honor in his whole body than most real men have in their little fingers?

1 Like

Apparently one of Whitaker’s qualifications is that he scammed veterans out of their life savings

1 Like

40% fooled. Trump is a slightly above average con man. Especially for rural people not used to this level of pathological liar. I mean that positively- I think rural people are more apt to trust in the good side of folks. Trouble is, Trump has no good side. No honor. No integrity. You’ve been had.

The rural folks that got conned by the New York City crook. Those are the ones I laugh at.

Yup. Trump played on the manufactured fear and Victimhood of “flyover country.” Too bad lots of them were happy to oblige this grifter with their support, $$, and votes.

A wealthy NYC real estate developer born with a silver spoon in his mouth. That’s the irony.

2 Likes

And those are the ones that are way too proud to admit it. Sad. But still funny. And sad.

1 Like