Trump mocks 16 year old girl

And you should not be dragging a 16/17 yr old boy’s name through the mud.

Right, I think that’s the point of this thread… that people on the denier side are denigrating this girl.

What were your comments on David Hogg?

David Hogg, while I feel for him and what happened to him, I don’t think he’s mature enough to understand the ramifications of gun control. But that’s just me.

Hold up. I didn’t think you were that old though? I honestly thought you were in very early 20’s, which if right, only puts you guys a couple/few years apart.

If that’s right, do you honestly think there’s an enormous difference between 18/19 and 21-23?

Age alone is not a sole barometer of maturity. I’m 22- and I will also say I’m not the most mature person in the room. Age, experiences (nurture), genetics and epigenetics (nature), and all types of intelligence are determining factors in a person’s maturity. There’s also different types of maturity. I just don’t think Hogg has enough information to make a decision for gun control.

Perhaps he is a little more mature emotionally, but I do not think he is mature academically.

Fair response. I guess Im very curious though as to why you think he’s not mature enough academically to make that sort of decision? I don’t want to put words in your mouth, so correct me if Im wrong, but that seems to imply that you don’t think he’s intelligent enough to adequately make that decision. Is that right? Otherwise, I guess I don’t understand the distinction between emotional and academic maturity.

And is your assessment just due to his age, or to what youve seen of his time in the public arena?

Let me put it this way- I think World History needs to be a three or a four semester course, just to get into the intricate detail of what has happened in each region of the world. Why we have the amendments in the constitution that we have today, what their impact is. I mean, he got into Harvard so he can’t be that stupid. But does he know how the impact of gun control has affected the rest of the world? Can he make a distinction of how corrupt dictators have taken away their people’s ways to defend themselves? Why freedom is so important? The pros and cons of gun control?

Im never an opponent to more history. Fully support that…

But it seems you’re making the argument that he’s misinformed only because he doesn’t hold the same view as most Republicans. I’m well aware of what you’ve questioned above, but I still believe in additional gun control measures (not confiscation of any kind, but sure, some other measures). That doesn’t mean Im academically immature, it simply means you and I have differing opinions.

I mean, to apply this to another subject, would it be fair to suggest you’re academically immature because you don’t believe in AGW (I’m pretty sure you don’t, but again, correct me if Im wrong here)?

can trump give a compliment and say nice things to a child without inviting them to the WH ?

exactly. they see through the hazy lens of white hot hatred

1 Like

just remember, if you see this for the well wishing compliment it is, you’re an idiot who doesn’t get subtle sarcasm, and nuance, which trump became good at today

Clever? So you think riding in on a multi million dollar racing yacht to chastise the American masses that they need to give up things like international travel to save the planet was clever? I disagree.

It wasn’t a nice thing, and yes, he should invite her to the WH.

And you are not required to understand.

Yes. Couple of points here. Y’all are constantly claiming [paraphrasing] “put up or shut up”, “hypocrites”, etc. Well, this girl put up… and not surprisingly, you’re derisive towards her for doing so.

She sees airline travel as contributing to the problem of AGW. AS a result, her solution was to use an alternative means of travel that does not emit as much CO2. She saw a problem, then solved it.

Where did she say she believes people should give up international travel? All Im aware of is that she issued a challenge to people to give up airline flights for a year. You have a link for this?

Solved it did she? Are you unaware the crew ended up flying around, using more fuel than if she had just jetted in herself? You know she’s spearheads the flygskam movement right? That’s Swedish for flight shaming. So who do you think would be able to afford to travel in her ideal world? Only the very wealthy. that’s who. What do you think a ticket on her multi-million dollar carbon neutral racing yacht would go for if flights suddenly ended? And who but the very wealthy could afford the extra weeks of travel even if they were free?

Someone should be ashamed here, but it isn’t working class American travelers.

Three or four semesters would barely scratch the surface of the last 5,000 years.

What we get now is barely an outline.

“Carbon Neutral”? What about all of the emissions that were produced making it’s components and it’s hull plus trucking it around?

Meh I’ll grant it’s reduced carbon use after neutralized it’s use in it’s making. But that doesn’t include the crew flying around the planet.

If you’re aware of the flight travel debacle, then you must also be aware that they’re attempting to offset those emissions by funding other carbon-reducing projects. They themselves admit it’s an imperfect solution, but you curiously left the portion out.

No, she’s adopted flygskram. That whole thing started with a singer that wrote an article… then it was picked up by a variety of people, Greta included. In fact, she used that to shame her mom and get her to give up airlines. So no, she didn’t spearhead the movement…

Who would be able to travel by sailing? People that are able to do so. Same way it works now. Some people can travel, others cant’. Those that can’t afford a plane ticket sometimes take a bus. Im not sure why the dynamics of choosing who can travel and how change under this scenario.

Now, Im not advocating forgoing planes… wouldnt work for me in the slightest. The entire point is that this girl is putting her money where her mouth is… making changes and compromises for an issue she truly believes in.