Trump loses New York court fight to keep his tax returns secret

Why so angry

Lol you can say what you want about joe but he got quite a personality

I’m laughing. With a little luck and perseverance, the left can destroy the democracy and take total power. You can do it!

Dirty Joe is an imbecile and a corrupt imbecile. No wonder you support him.

Doesn’t have to, you and Pelosi are doing it for him.

And would be over Trump.

Supreme Court next?

https://twitter.com/jimsciutto/status/1182663178800582656?s=21

1 Like

I question if they’d even hear it. If this were any other person, things would never have gotten this far and the tax documents would already have been turned over. The idea that because this is Trump or the president, things are different, is dumb.

You really want the dems to play deaf and dumb on trump.

No never nay.

Gonna impeach the ■■■■■■■■■■■■ and ■■■■■ grabber

That’s what oversight is.

Allan

I don’t know about the rest of you but I’m tired of all this winning.

We might experience a previously nonexistent issue with out oversight system. When the executive branch, the branch charged with enforcing laws, refuses to comply with oversight, what is the result? There is no real system to “force” the executive branch to comply with laws. It’s like a corrupt police force refusing to write themselves speeding tickets.

From the ruling:

It is unsurprising that no case law supports the dissent. Under its view, Congress’s power to investigate, when it comes to the President and all other impeachable officials, would no longer be “co-extensive with [its] power to legislate.”…The dissent would reorder the very structure of the Constitution.

1 Like

Well trump lost today in court over the Mazars supeona. So the courts can force compliance on some things.

Allan

Dissent: Judge Rao

Appointed by: Trump

To fill seat vacated by: Kavanaugh

From Rao’s dissent:

Investigations of impeachable offenses simply are not, and never have been, within Congress’s legislative power.

:thinking:

The majority decision response to Rao:

“To be sure, a Congress pursuing a legitimate legislative objective may, as the many examples recounted in the dissent demonstrate, choose to move from legislative investigation to impeachment,” Tatel wrote. “But the dissent cites nothing in the Constitution or case law—and there is nothing—that compels Congress to abandon its legislative role at the first scent of potential illegality and confine itself exclusively to the impeachment process.”

3 Likes

Will Trump take this to the SCOTUS?

Trump can appeal this to the full court, and after that, he can appeal to SCOTUS.

"Guess I’ll have to repost this every 10 minutes or so to answer the same questions over and over again…

• No, they will not be turned over immediately
  • Yes, Trump will appeal
  • To slow the process, Trump will request an en banc decision from the entire DC circuit first
  • The DC circuit consists of 8 Dem and 10 GOP appointees
  • Two of the ten GOP appointees were appointed by Trump
  • Despite the circuit makeup, Trump will lose
  • Trump will appeal to the SCOTUS

Not sure what SCOTUS will do, but the general consensus is that they’ll decline to hear it."

5 Likes

Thanks for that. Is there any situation in which Trump will have to hand over the documents while things progress? Is it automatically on hold once Trump appeals?

Trump is not being asked to hand over the records, his accounting firm, Mazars are the one being subpoenaed

I doubt Trump has much pull as a single client at an accountant, I bet they comply.