Trump lies to first responders

Think so. Or at least in the immediate aftermath. Even though everything south of 14th was closed to all but official traffic the entire time.

I thought fat donald was in NJ watching thousands of Muslims cheering on rooftops.

4 Likes

Of course, now that political discussion has been reduced to the sewers of valuing a solid troll above all else, our hatred of him validates his image as a brilliant statesman.

1 Like

The lack of the usual suspects speaks volumes. I guess this thread is scary for them.

Well, to be honest, those barriers didn’t really come into place until a few days later, and they weren’t very secure. I know a lot of people who ended up at Ground Zero on the 12th, handing out food to first responders, without any issue from the NYPD.

Even a week or so later, you could get through the 14th Street barriers with proof of residence - an ID, or a utility bill.

Not so much with the barriers at Canal Street, though.

1 Like

He was on the phone bragging that his building was now the tallest in lower Manhattan.

https://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2016/09/trump-hillary-clinton-september-11-911-attacks-nyc-214236

1 Like

As Trump steals the valor of 9/11 first responders and thinks up new targets for his racist tweets, the usual suspects are figuring out new ways to explain just how much he is totally owning the libs with his trolling.

7 Likes

I remember. I heard it on the radio.

1 Like

I feel sorry for them. Really. It’s just sad when you are so hopelessly partisan that you cannot come into a thread and denounce this disgrace.

Over 15 month to go and even then no matter the result…

Nothing is below the scum Trump to lie about.

Nothing.

Allan

Yep. I went to ground zero about a month later, and you could get to Trinity Church pretty easily… but not much past that.

A week after, me and my girlfriend at the time forged some “official” school documents showing an address downtown, so we could go back downtown. It got us passed the checkpoint at 14th - and we snuck past the Lafayette checkpoint by going into a bar from the front door and sneaking out the back door.

But there was no getting past the Canal street checkpoint.

(I was 17 at the time, and a high school senior at Stuy. Sept. 11th was the first full day of my Senior year)

1 Like

That would be a good trick as he was in Jersey City watching thousands celebrating from the rooftops.

Lucifer’s watching with Brutus hanging half out of his mouth and just shaking his head.

1 Like

Sure seems like Trumpsters are waiting for talking points from Rush.

1 Like

Wow… that is crazy.

I was working at Sesame Street. I live in the neighborhood in Brooklyn where the smoke plume blew over and could smell it like it was burning right next door.

my guess is that it will be something along the lines of, “he didn’t mean that morning.” or “he meant he was down there in spirit.”

And that ■■■■■■■ pig of a man lied about it…

1 Like

I’m going to guess you were somewhere between 3rd ave and 10th ave, and somewhere between Union st and 50th st.

I grew up on 10th st, around 5th ave.