Trump just let me down

that was bernie, you’re confused

Are eviction courts federal? I wouldn’t think so.

You cant put the people out who are out of work for their own fault either.

So doing it your way, what happens to the landlord in this thread? What happens to the tenant?

I was against this when Virginia first started doing it. I can see the govt maybe doing it for corporations that own thousands of units. Not for the Mom and Pops.

Although eviction courts are not federal, I suspect they will entice the states to close the courts by giving them money. I really feel both sides are using this crisis to buy votes.

Maybe… maybe not.

Even though I am union, I am basically a daily hire.

The production I was working on shut down on March 13th. We were supposed to have 150 background actors on set that day.

It was the right move to not do that.

They paid all of the people on the productions two weeks pay. They were under no obligation to do so.

I think that they did as right by the workers as they could.

The bad part about all of this is that we made a collective sacrifice to afford the time to get the pandemic under control.

I kept up my part of the deal… others didn’t.

The government didn’t.

That is the problem.

2 Likes

One thing that they are talking about in the landlord forums is increased home inspections. It used to be that getting someone out over non payment of rent was the easiest way. Now many landlords will look for lease violations and tyry to go that way I suspect.

I read about a guy who had the money, but refused to pay because he couldnt get evicted. As I uderstand it, he was over three months behind in rent and the courts were closed. So the landlord told him he was going to come by on saturday and perform some maintenance. The tenant actually told the landlord he couldnt come because he (the tenant) wasnt going to be home. The landlord came anyways, and with the help of his handiman, he removed all the doors, interior and exterior and carted them off to a storage facility he had. The tenant came back to his house that evening and was livid. There were no doors anywhere…entry, bath, bedroom, none. There was no way for the tenant to secure any of his property. The tenant called the landlord just furious. The landlord told him when he could find the rent, he could find the doors.

It sounds kind of comical, but a landlord could be jailed for pulling something like that here in Virginia.

The government showing this kind of favoritism…is not right.

1 Like

I agree with that.

Doing it my way the landlord and the tenant both get relief while the virus is brought to a manageable level and we are not burying over 1,000 Americans every single day. Moratoriums on both evictions and mortgages. Relief for maintenance and repairs. If there was ever a time for the government to deficit spend, it is during a once in a century pandemic.

1 Like

Yep… kick the debt up to the big banks and bail them out.

They are getting bailed out anyway… might as well have actual people benefit from it this time around.

4 Likes

He wouldn’t own a rental property.

What would his advice be?

What moral path would he suggest one takes?

Give to Caesar what is Caesar’s, and give to God what is God.

1 Like

So do you think our state and federal govt ought to follow Jesus?

This has nothing to do with Caesar.

This is between landlord and tenant.

What would he advise?

No. I understand that he’s looking at the question at the individual level.

Problem is, it’s a misapplication of Christian principles to ask WWJD in this situation. But it’s typical of atheists to attempt it.

1 Like

I am not talking about the federal government.

I am talking about individual moral decisions.

The claim was made that the path I am taking will sink me.

What moral path should I take?

He wouldn’t.

Is it though? Is it “Christian” to evict someone or to take a temporary financial loss because you can’t get blood from a stone?