Trump Is Waging War on America’s Diplomats

I suspect that many of those policy makers were much more in line with Obama than with Trump. But I see no need to start making guesses without more information.

But if they function at cross purposes to the elected officials, we no longer have a democracy.
They have to change, not the elected officials (unless the people decide to change those).

2 Likes

They are not doing that, they are functioning and voicing their frustration at the idiocy of people who have been put in charge.

did Trump not work out a massive trade deal with Canada and Mexico?
do you think he personal did that no it was a bunch of unelected bureaucrats.

Trump set a goal and bureacurat try and deliver on said goal that is how government works.

Obama cleaned diplomatic house when he moved in. Not a word from the same people who are pulling out their hair over Trump doing it.

4 Likes

Now they’re using the “W” word like they’ve ever been in one. lol

And Trumpists want to call libs fascists. Bwahahahahahaha.

He hid his foreign policy on Ukraine from Yovanavich and other members of the State Department.

Lack of leadership

Why would you suspect that of those who were appointed by W, Bush Sr, or even Reagan? Does career diplomatic service shift one’s views to the left? To the point of either rebellion or resignation? Genuinely curious.

Yes, that’s my opinion too. But I’m interested to hear a considered argument from someone who thinks this isn’t actually a problem.

Are you of the belief that these career people were allowed to create policy before Trump?

They weren’t, but what they were allowed to do was voice their opinion. Something any leader… strike that… something any qualified leader would welcome.

I don’t have any problem with that. If he wants to put people in positions to carry out his policies, he can do that.

I have a problem with him creating a smear campaign in order to remove someone from their post.

1 Like

Right he did not hide his bigoted, xenophobic, racist, narcissistic, misogynistic views.

:thinking:

Its funny that Trumpists told us that Obama wanted to be king or emperor yet Trump has done more to try and establish himself as he who must not be disobeyed.

Anyone who is not lock stock in step with Trump then they are part of the deep state or the swamp.

We see it all the time on this forum.

Good. ■■■■ Foggy Bottom.

They’re just a bunch of “status quo” deep state career bureaucrats who are just as corrupt as deep state career politicians. And we don’t need a bunch of unelected arrogant Ambassadors who think they know more then who the people voted as President who just happens to be their boss!

Edited to add:…at least no Ambassadors and diplomats have been murdered like in the previous Administration. War on Diplomats my rear end! :angry:

2 Likes

It is typical for a President to remove the previous President’s patronage ambassadors. EVERY President does that.

This thread is primarily about CAREER foreign service officer’s, not patronage ambassadors.

3 Likes

See this part where you say people are quitting because they don’t get to establish foreign policy? That’s a guess. Nowhere in that article does it state that this is a reason that anyone has left the State Dept. It is nothing more than a guess on your part that you have repeated often. Is it based on any tangible evidence? Has any diplomat stated this?

This is what I love to hear. Every time you guys say “deep state” it reinforces how wackadoddle all of your conspiracy theories are.

Yes, this.

The President’s personal lawyer just shows up at the American embassy in Kyiv.
Did I already mention the failure of leadership?

Equally shocked by his arrival was the US Embassy, according to a US diplomat