Trump: "I know a lot about wind" (3-28-2019)

Apparently a lot of hard R states like Texas, Oklahoma, Kansas-I see miles and miles and miles of turbines there that I just don’t see here in the Bible Belt anywhere.

Just curious, can I flag this for attacking the poster?

9 Likes

Consider googling “battery”

How does that change the fact that wind energy has a system of storing energy and that it doesn’t have to blow 24/7/365

Without some other source of power, if you use a wind turbine only, you only have power when the wind is blowing. And if it isn’t 24/7/365 there are times with gasp no power.

exactly… Happens all the time

And batter back up is expensive. Remember battery’s are a wonderful critter that has be replaced on a regular basis at a huge expense.

Like he knows he can imitate their dumb conversations they would actually have in their homes and they will just slurp it up.

You can see it on his face. He’s mocking them and lying right to their faces and he knows he’s getting away with it.

2 Likes

Who is so stupid to think . . . other than our President . . . that wind would be the sole source of power anywhere?

2 Likes

And you just mentioned the other problem with wind (and solar), the amount of land it takes up.

Go ahead. I don’t take action if my posts are flagged, GW looks at them. But that’s not an attack.

…and getting cheaper every year

sure it us.

An idiot prepper who lives on county south of me.

But he’s an idiot prepper on multiple levels.

A battery isn’t a source of power.

It’s a power storage device.

Of course we have to have multiple sources of energy.

No one’s saying to convert to 100% wind.

Come on…why is it so hard to admit Trump’s comment was ignorant?

1 Like

You haven’t named a legitimate problem yet in this thread regarding wind.

I’d say it’s off-topic posting. And we know how @Snow96 feels about off-topic posting lately, right?

4 Likes

Nonsense. Battery backup is a one time expense.

we have strings of Battery backups here at the ATT CO that I work at that are NEVER replaced.

Allan

4 Likes

Land it takes up,
have to have a place the wind blows often
wind blows to hard they have to auto shut down
Kills birds

Do I need more?

Round these parts we have plenty of land that sat empty, so what did they do? Several energy producers around the state invested in a lot of turbines. In fact as of last year, 2018. My state of Kansas leads the entire nation in terms of energy produced from wind (36%) compared to other sources.

Thats pretty cool to think more than a 3rd of our energy comes from a renewable resource.

1 Like