Trump: "I know a lot about wind" (3-28-2019)

Does one even need to try doing that?

Seriously?

Company diversity does not apply to public electrical utilities, they only have one product … electricity. The customer pays for any inefficiencies in the generation and distribution of that product. And just because the customer pays his bill, it does not mean that the inefficiency doesn’t matter. Therefore, my point stands. A solution is not a viable solution if it is not cost effective.

I agree it is not a particularly challenging task. I would summarise D Trump thus: only a deluded fool thinks he knows everything about everything.

1 Like

Did they originate near the Blorenge?

:sunglasses:

https://www.omaha.com/news/iowa/iowa-sen-grassley-president-trump-s-wind-turbine-comments-were/article_1af881b7-cffa-55bf-944a-28a2cedf7510.html

I guess he’s a little irritated that Donald Trump said that the noise from the wind turbines cause cancer. But, as the governor of Iowa, who would not comment specifically on Trump’s comments said, “One year coffee is good for you and the next year coffee causes cancer.”

40% of Iowa’s power comes from wind.

Wait so if you live in Iowa you only get to watch TV 60% of when the wind is blowing?

6 Likes

Im sure he’ll still do all of Trump’s bidding regardless, like a good little puppy.

1 Like

Is that power produced by wind, or power actuality used by consumers. I mean who cares if a windmill spins out tons of current at 3 am when no one is around to use it, right.

or Perhaps he’s worried about losing a fed subsidy?

Stay on topic. Which is … Trump is an idiot.

1 Like

Why shouldn’t I look at the senator motivations for making such statements? And perhaps the senator is getting money from wind companies. Which is why I asked real questions about the industry.

Also, wind turbines don’t cause cancer.

No one needs a financial reason to say that windmills do not cause cancer.

Certainly not directly, but Does the noise and vibration cause stress to local populations? Did you look into it at all, or just go with what CNN says?

Regardless of Big Wind pulling Grassley’s strings, the sound of wind turbines does not cause cancer. Would you rather be locked in a garage with a pile of burning coal, or a running box fan?

1 Like

Here’s an article about " Wind Turbine Syndrome and Vibroacoustic Disease"

“Recently published peer reviewed comprehensive information prepared by medical doctors, pathologists and engineers strongly warn of major physiological consequences of living too close to industrial wind turbines. These have been classified into two categories according to two different phenomena associated with wind turbine noise. One is Wind Turbine Syndrome (WTS), Reference (1), which produces several symptoms related to the vestibular system’s (balance) organs: disturbed sleep, headaches, tinnitus (ear ringing), and sense of quivering or vibration, nervousness, rapid heartbeat, nausea, difficulty with concentration, memory loss, irritability and anger. The other is Vibroacoustic Disease (VAD), Reference (2), which causes direct tissue or organ damage. WTS symptoms discontinue when the person moves away from the source; however, VAD symptoms continue long after the source of infrasound is turned off. Both WTS and VAD can be very harmful and debilitating and possibly deadly.”

I wish people like you would put this much deep research into climate change.

2 Likes

I doubt you’ve done any research besides the NBC morning show… The coal plant is centralized usually away from populations. It’s physical footprint is tiny compared to wind turbine’s massive physical foot print and then there is the noise pollution…

It’s on the internet so it’s true!

I guess you never heard of Fan death.

3 Likes

Warm periods are party time. Prosperity and bounty. The cold periods bring plagues and famine, and usually the earth is in an ice age. Celebrated the warming periods…