Trump: I can pardon myself if I want to

the constitution say the RTBA shall not be infringed. and yet there are restrictions on buying certain weapons. im pretty confident that if teh president tried to pardon himself not only would he be impeached but the supreme court would reject the idea

You can imagine whatever you want to but that doesn’t make it factual.

The sole power of pardons rests with the exec. The courts have no jurisdiction over pardons period.

That right is solely, and absolutely under the purview of the executive.

This didn’t age well

A second source has very publicly stated the President’s views on this today.

Ouch.

…

It’s always a coin toss as to whether the left stream “news” is true or not since they lie more than they tell the truth!

One of the real benefits of our current president’s propensity to communicate in an off-the-cuff manner is watching his supporters cringe…

Capture

Pardon me!!

I think the Anti-Trump DC Elite Cabal have finally spun the gray matter right out of their collective craniums.

I beg you pardon. President Trump never promised a rose garden.

How would it reach the supreme court? Someone challenges it in district court they have to cite a law that would have been violated. Has congress passed a law that he can’t pardon themselves?

I don’t see it making it to the courts. I see immediate impeachment and removal of office if he did.

let say for example hes charged with obstruction.

he pardons himself
hes immediatly impeached and removved from office
at the same time the prosecutor goes to court to say the pardon is invalid and he should be prosecuted

What makes you think we cringe? Lefties look for something to be in a rage about concerning this administration every single day.I can’t imagine living like that.

At this point the opinions of the left mean zero to us.

As he and Guiliani both said he has nothing to pardon himself for.

Still calling this fake news? The president’s tweet is in his own freaking words… unless the “deep state” has hijacked his twitter account…

Capture

Cool as a cucumber.

And we can’t imagine having to carry water for such a ■■■■■■■ knucklehead.

Then why the hell is he bringing it up?

Rightfully the judge would look at the wording of the constition where the only exclusion is for treason, and dismiss the prosecutors case.

The prosecutor would not be able to cite any law that the president is in violation of in pardoning himself.

The court can not interpret anyting other than not for treason. Or they shouldn’t be able to.

I wondered that about the left for 8 years. :grin:

back when the country was founded the founders were very wary of the head of the government acting like a king. washington even turned down the title of king. or a dictator at least during his term of office.

how is the ability to pardon oneself any different than acting like a king? I highly doubt the founders intended to give the president the ability to be above the law.

If the president could pardon himself nixon would have done it. instead he had to wait for ford

Yeah. I remembered that myself when I saw his tweet.