Trump: I can pardon myself if I want to

Then why the hell is he bringing it up?

Rightfully the judge would look at the wording of the constition where the only exclusion is for treason, and dismiss the prosecutors case.

The prosecutor would not be able to cite any law that the president is in violation of in pardoning himself.

The court can not interpret anyting other than not for treason. Or they shouldn’t be able to.

I wondered that about the left for 8 years. :grin:

back when the country was founded the founders were very wary of the head of the government acting like a king. washington even turned down the title of king. or a dictator at least during his term of office.

how is the ability to pardon oneself any different than acting like a king? I highly doubt the founders intended to give the president the ability to be above the law.

If the president could pardon himself nixon would have done it. instead he had to wait for ford

Yeah. I remembered that myself when I saw his tweet.

hahaha how many times now have you carried water for trump only to have him ■■■■ all over your defense the next day? Why do you keep doing this?

definition of insanity = doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Unfortunaly they didn’t put that in there. The only exception they put in was for treason. You can’t go with anything other than the actual wording.

You have proof that he would have done it except that he knew it was going to be coming?

Ford knew he would take heat for the pardon, most people believe it was the single biggest factor he lost the election.

You don’t think Nixon would pardon himself if he could to spare Ford the political capital? Of course he would, give me a break.

So no proof.

and as I said in one of my earler posts, if The Don did pardon himself, he would be impeach (and removed) near immediately.

My question to you is, why hasn’t trump fired Mueller? What is he waiting for if this is an illegal witch hunt?

try go walk into a gun store and by an m-16. If you go by the exact wording you should be able to buy one immediately. yet you cant.

try and carry a weapon down the street when a presidential motorcade os passing by.

yell fire in a crowded theater…

Remember that they started that investiagtion with the aim to take down Trump. Ppl like Maxine Waters said that already before the inauguration. Things dont work like that in a democracy. You cant start an investigation, just to investigate, in order to take down an official. Every investigation starts with an incident. In that case was no incident → banana republic
They tried to fabricate the idea of impeachment in teh minds of the people by using terms from Nixon process. As Sally Yates was fired they hyperventilated on TV “Tuesday Night masscre”. The same as Comey was fired.
Thats an attempt of a coup! No justice!

A truly bizarre post. As always, his Twitter posts are direct looks into the pulsing open wound of all his basest fears and insecurities. You have to read them as opposites. He’s telling us he’s deeply guilty of something, and he is going to pardon himself.

He’s a sick man who should not be going on Twitter ever. Any other employee would have been canned long before now.

1 Like

Aks Trump, not me!
But if he would fire Mueller and stop that outrageous attempt of a coup, do you agree that every lieberal/dumbocrat who will yell and cause unrest after that to be arrested in indicted because of treason?

A lot of the gun restricts I’ don’t agree with. Those have been tested by the courts (up to the supreme court).

A lot of laws that are passed have struck down as well.

I don’t think the supreme court would strike it down. If congress passed a law, president veto’d and over ridden, that would get tested by the courts almost immediatly and we’d have an answer.

But the courts have to go with the plain language of the constitution in the case before it. No laws, just the constitution. Given the right to pardon with the exception of treason. Pardoning a person (himself) for obstruction dosn’t fall into that exception.

So do you consider that tweet to be rational?

I don’t agree, I think he should be impeached if he fires Mueller.

Do liberals ignore deliberately that part of the tweet and pick only what they want in order to support their false narrative? :roll_eyes: