Trump health care plan

My thread seems to have disappeared. Strange. One of the most important pieces of legislation almost a century, effecting every single citizen of this country is not to be discussed in the politics forum? It must be some kind of oversight.

The possibility that the President Of The United States simply made up the whole thing during the worst pandemic in over 100 years is a huge political topic as well.

Personally, I can’t see s president being that much of a sociopath, let alone still keeping millions of supporters. That would be mind boggling. Why, heck, I remember the furor over “You can keep your doctor”. It’s one thing to submit a bill to congress and have it rejected, but claiming an entire healthcare bill exists when it doesn’t would surely set those same people into a complete revolt against such a terrible president.

No, clearly the discussion of such an important topic deserves to be in a political forum.

Maybe the EO about prescription drugs is a precursor to the bill, and the Republicans are better at keeping secrets than I thought?

13 Likes

He was trolling the libs.

I genuinely think he believed that he could rule by fiat after the USSC ruling on DACA. Which shows just how poorly his understanding of that ruling really was. It was not about the Executive’s ability to rule via EO. It was about an ability to adhere to the Administrative Procedures Act. He is such a moron.

4 Likes

Trump just blurts out whatever comes to mind and is expedient at that specific moment in time.

Because his supporters refuse to hold him accountable he has no incentive to change his behavior.

He has lied multiple times about upcoming legislation. I know all politicians lie but Trump takes it to a whole new level.

9 Likes

Indeed. Trump’s lies are not on the same level as any other national politician in my long lifetime of observing and being engaged in politics.

2 Likes

Trumps only experience was running a family business where he was accountable to no one. He thought being President would be the same.

1 Like

It seems like it. He blurted it out, and got stuck later when someone told him he couldn’t.

1 Like

He’s gonna sign it while throwing out the first pitch that he was totally invited to do at that Yankees game. You’ll see!

7 Likes

No ability to plan ahead or foresee the results of his actions. That’s Executive Function Disorder.

Yeah “it’ll be ready in two weeks” is just another version of the sir story. You know, when he says, “Someone came up to me and said, ‘Sir! Blah blah blah blah.’”

3 Likes

So true.

1 Like

I actually laughed when I found out that he just made up that throwing the first pitch out at Yankee Stadium thing out of whole cloth because he was jealous of Fauci at the Nationals game.

8 Likes

So embarrassing for him.

3 Likes

I don’t understand why he didn’t just put something out there and let it get shot down by the house so he could just blame it on the libs.

I remember back in the old days when it was considered shocking when Bob Dole growled to HW to “stop lying about my record.” Suggesting that an “honorable” politician would lie just wasn’t done, because by and large the lies were the extreme exception rather than the rule.

Found it.

Just a few details to iron out.

15 Likes

Because he doesn’t know how to do that.

Let’s put it this way, the office of the White House congressional liaison-the point man who talks to Congress about legislation that president wants passed-wasn’t even filled until almost three years into his term.

1 Like

I’d assumed that was Jack Dorsey until their falling out.

If you can believe this, Bannon wanted to primary Paul Ryan so he told Trump the president had nothing to do with passing legislation besides signing it.

More embarrassing for his defenders. Trump can’t help Trumpin’, but some people make a conscious, consistent choice to support him on a daily basis. It’s mind boggling.

1 Like