Trump going to send Federal law enforcement to polling station

No, I wasn’t. Not specifically, not incidentally. In no way whatsoever.

It’s wildly illegal to do so and it was just a hand grenade thrown in the desperate hope of taking the Twitter hive mind’s attention away from Biden.

2 Likes

We believe you.

Do you have anything to contribute to the topic of the thread?

What do you think about Trump threatebing to deploy federal law enforcement to voting precincts to intimidate voters?

No he’s not he’s a ■■■■■■■ clueless idiot.

He knows he’s losing, so as usual he trolls the clueless. Sad. Pathetic.

People should be embarrassed about endorsing this garbage human.

1 Like

Considering these new threats by Donald Trump, I have to agree with you now. It’s time. Trump cannot be allowed to interfere with America’s electoral process to ensure he wins. He must feel the only way to victory is through voter intimidation.

1 Like

I believe if any one is attempting to corrupt the voting process it’s the democrat party, They are the ones who introduced & are pushing s.3440 (8 months before a major election). and there is no way that 50 different states are going to be able to comply without major screw-ups in that time frame.

There has already been 150+ lawsuits filed over this election and the actual election is 2 1/2 months away. The powers that be really screwed the pooch on this one.

1 Like

Unless Trump asks for their help.
.WW, PSHS

1 Like

Nice to see the conservative GOP members soundly rejecting Trump’s illegal proclamation.

What? They aren’t saying anything about this?

Huh.

1 Like

Has anybody posted the law that says it’s illegal yet?

If you listen to the clip in the OP, can you post the law that says that Trump can order local Sheriffs and State Attorney Generals (he used the plural, meaning more than one and there is only one United States Attorney General)?
.WW, PSHS

1 Like

Trump faces five years if he does this.

Imagine in the old days when America would decry any foreign country trying to pull that during their elections.

It is a damning indictment on just how much Trump has damaged the USA’s reputation overseas.

Of course. It’s the Democrats.

That law doesn’t exist. We don’t typically have laws that tell us what is legal, not how it works.

The claim has been made it is illegal, just post the law and win the debate.

1 Like

See how easy that was?

18 U.S. Code § 592.Troops at polls

prev | next

Whoever, being an officer of the Army or Navy, or other person in the civil, military, or naval service of the United States, orders, brings, keeps, or has under his authority or control any troops or armed men at any place where a general or special election is held, unless such force be necessary to repel armed enemies of the United States, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than five years, or both; and be disqualified from holding any office of honor, profit, or trust under the United States.

This section shall not prevent any officer or member of the armed forces of the United States from exercising the right of suffrage in any election district to which he may belong, if otherwise qualified according to the laws of the State in which he offers to vote.

(June 25, 1948, ch. 645, 62 Stat. 719; Pub. L. 103–322, title XXXIII, § 330016(1)(K), Sept. 13, 1994, 108 Stat. 2147.)

What about unarmed law enforcement officers (not that you’d ever get a cop to do that)?

To be able to order local sheriff’s and State AG’s he would have to be delegated that power.

Under what law is that power delegated? Unless he’s has had such powers delegated, then it would be interfering with an election.

18 USC § 595.Interference by administrative employees of Federal, State, or Territorial Governments specifically limits the ability of government entities from interfering with elections.

.WW, PSHS

1 Like

Was that so hard? You should probably post the definition of “administrative position”.

I think we can all see, now that a couple of laws have been posted, that the President is prohibited from doing what he claimed he was going to do as we understood it.

My understanding is there was a case stemming from New Jersey that basically required judiciary pre-clearance for this sort of thing and that recently expired. Something about off duty but armed. Clearly chicanery.

Is anybody aware of a law prohibiting unarmed sheriffs acting as poll watchers? It wouldn’t surprise me if there is at the state level.

The President clearly cannot “order” a sheriff to do anything.