Trump finally announces the official GOP position on abortion

The official GOP position on abortion is stated by Trump in the following video.

The fact is, the GOP supports and defends our Constitution’s big tent system called federalism, guaranteed by the Tenth Amendment. And that system guarantees that the states, and people therein, are to make their own decisions concerning those objects

“. . . which, in the ordinary course of affairs, concern the lives, liberties, and properties of the people, and the internal order, improvement, and prosperity of the State.” See Federalist Paper 45 and get educated.

The unfortunate truth is, our extremist Democrat Leadership detests people being free in each state to determine their own destiny.

JWK

Today’s Democrat Party Leadership is infested with Authoritarian Revolutionaries, the same kind that took over Cuba, stole people’s property, and now rule over the people with an iron fist!

2 Likes

To be fair, it’s HIS official position. For now. A few weeks ago he was saying 15 week ban.

This current position is the proper one in the current political climate.

And whatever position a presidential candidate holds is just political talk (and sometimes bully-pulpiting). President doesn’t get to make any laws.

The official GOP position, though, is fluid, subject to interpretation, and hasn’t been backed up by any strong efforts in Congress. So maybe it’s fair to suggest that Trump’s statement becomes a proxy statement for the party at large.

5 Likes

The big question is - how long will this be Trump’s official position? A week? A month? What will his official position be next?

Thing is - he changes his positions so quickly on the subject it’s kind of hard to keep up without getting whiplash.

2 Likes

no matter what never be happy

8 Likes

Not sure what a statement of fact has to do with an emotional state - but whatever.

1 Like

Do you disagree with his position stated in the video?

Do you have a problem having the people in each state, exercising the liberty to make their own decisions regarding abortion?

JWK

Let us never forget the Communist goals listed in the Congressional Record, January, 10th, 1963, many of which have already been accomplished.

No problem with WHAT he said. I have just learned over the years watching him to take what he says today with a grain of salt - it could (and quite often does) change at any time.

So enjoy his “official position” while it lasts. Who knows what his “official position” will be tomorrow…

1 Like

I thought you said a “statement of fact” has nothing to do with an emotional state….

2 Likes

i agree with it

but of course, Democrats are going to react horribly to this because they need this wedge issue for this coming, so-called “election“

1 Like

So I take it the OPer is against any type of federal legislation regarding abortion?

Good…in a post-Roe world, there shouldn’t be any federal legislation.

5 Likes

Just like Obama right? His views “changed” did they not? Just like other politicians, right?

Quit with the it’s only Trump that does this crap. It disingenuous and makes you look ridiculous.

5 Likes

Let me guess - you think I voted for Obama, right?

You’ve been around here long enough to know I was firmly in the GOP camp back then.

It was dumb when Obama did it, and it’s dumb when Trump does it.

1 Like

I also agree, and keep in mind, even Hillary Clinton apparently agrees with making rules, so abortions are “safe”.

The people in each state will be free to make those rules as per the Trump position.

1 Like

He also said dems want to execute babies.

So, not sure you should listen to anything this crack pot says.

2 Likes

It’s a lib thing. :roll_eyes:

3 Likes

Democrat leaders do not support aborting a child a few days before its birth?

1 Like

No they don’t.

1 Like

Anyone who has followed politics more than a single election cycle will know that politicians on both sides of the aisle will say whatever it takes to get elected and then run it through the spin cycle once elected. This isn’t exclusive to Former President Trump or President Biden. We could all take turns pilling on examples of this.

Trump has been very consistent on this.

He knew Mastriano was going to lose on this issue alone.

Better update that.

:rofl:

1 Like