Trump demands Republicans kill a bill he signed into law

https://thehill.com/policy/national-security/4584988-trump-on-warrantless-surveillance-reauthorization-kill-fisa/

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/01/19/trump-surveillance-extension-351136

Section 702 allows intelligence agencies to spy on foreigners on foreign soil without a warrant.

Trump today:

“KILL FISA, IT WAS ILLEGALLY USED AGAINST ME, AND MANY OTHERS. THEY SPIED ON MY CAMPAIGN!!!”

Trump when he signed it in 2018:

“This is NOT the same FISA law that was so wrongly abused during the election,” he wrote. “I will always do the right thing for our country and put the safety of the American people first!”

The rule has a number of safeguards to prevent US citizens from being survailied - (IOW, a US Cit. talking to a toerrorist suspect…that conversation captured without a warrant) and some are arguing a warrant process should be added to the rules because of this.

but it seems debate is grinding to a halt because of trump’s opposition to passing the extension.

He liked it then, claiming it had nothin to do with his campaign issues. Now he says it does…pretty typical.

Such a bad person seeing the failures of it and now not liking it.

5 Likes

What failings?

4 Likes

The OP is giving a critique about Trump, and somehow we’re all not supposed to erupt with laughter?

:rofl:

4 Likes

Horrible, just horrible. And those mean tweets? It’s no wonder millions (of suckers) overwhelmingly voted for Joe Potato Head :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

4 Likes

In 2018 he explicitly said this rule had nothing to do with his campaign.

In 2024, he claims it was.

Which is it?

Let’s see what investigations and reports came out after 2018 that showed he was incorrect.hmm🤔

3 Likes

What report shows intelligence agents got information about american trump campaign officials through monitoring foreign terror suspects?

“Although all Section 702 targets must be non-United States persons reasonably believed to be located outside the United States, Congress has always recognized that such targets may send an email or have a phone call with a United States person. For this reason, Section 702 requires specific procedures to minimize the acquisition, retention, and sharing of any information concerning United States persons. “Minimize,” however, does not always mean “eliminate” …”.

What an excellent way to set up a Secretary of State not in favor or to spy on news reporters.
Misuse your toys and they get taken away.

https://thehill.com/policy/national-security/4012650-fbi-misused-surveillance-tool-fisa-section-702/

Why limit it to only that? I didn’t.

Continue to play dumb

4 Likes

As time goes on, one can more clearly see how it’s being used and not what the original intent being stated was. I’m glad he’s wising up. Consider that Trump also placed Chris Wray as head of the FBI and it is my hope he’ll send this turd packing on day 1 of his reelection.

3 Likes

I didn’t see your post until mine was posted. You are spot on…as usual.

Along with Garland and every one of his close deputies.

1 Like

He didn’t realize the corruption (woke lib corruption within the DOJ and FBI) that was going on at first and how it was being misused.

1 Like

Great point!

You can count on this OP to post whatever the Dem narrative of the day is. :roll_eyes:

4 Likes

How easily they forget the 1st rule of the fanatic:

When you become obsessed with the enemy, you become the enemy.

:wink:

3 Likes

702 applies to foreign survallience. Has nothing to do with j-6 or the trump campaign which is domestic. 702 had nothing to do with carter page, whose survallience required and received a warrant.

Mean ole Trump changed his mind about VP Pence too.

Too much orange crush.

2 Likes