Trump Declares He Will End Birthright Citizenship

Oops.

10 Soros

tiny trump’s minions are all for ignoring the Constitution.

I don’t think any of us are giving Trump enough credit for using soldiers and brown Americans to get votes. It’s genius.

As already pointed out, the Court has stated:

’This section contemplates two sources of citizenship, and two sources only,-birth and naturalization. The persons declared to be citizens are ‘all persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof.’ The evident meaning of these last words is, not merely subject in some respect or degree to the jurisdiction of the United States, but completely subject to their political jurisdiction, and owing them direct and immediate allegiance

The fact is, “subject to the jurisdiction thereof” as found in the 14th Amendment, is designed to deny citizenship to a child born to a foreign national who enters our country and gives birth, unless the mother has been naturalized and takes our countries “Oath of Allegiance”. Doing so, makes that person “subject to the Jurisdiction” of the United States within the meaning of the 14th Amendment.

See our Naturalization Oath of Allegiance to the United States of America

"I hereby declare, on oath, that I absolutely and entirely renounce and abjure all allegiance and fidelity to any foreign prince, potentate, state, or sovereignty, of whom or which I have heretofore been a subject or citizen; that I will support and defend the Constitution and laws of the United States of America against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I will bear arms on behalf of the United States when required by the law; that I will perform noncombatant service in the Armed Forces of the United States when required by the law; that I will perform work of national importance under civilian direction when required by the law; and that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; so help me God."

Haven taken the above oath, one becomes subject to the jurisdiction of the United States within the meaning of the 14th Amendment.

JWK
American citizens are sick and tired of being made into tax-slaves to finance a maternity ward for the poverty stricken populations of other countries who invade America’s borders to give birth.

On the contrary, I gave him plenty of credit.

And like i said I’d have more respect for Trump supporters if they just admitted that trolling for votes this way works, and they have no problem with it.

Where they lose respect is when they undertake elaborate rationalizations to pretend Trump isn’t simply using fear to troll for votes.

But I understand why they rationalize…because they are sacrificing the soul of their conservatism to support nativism and authoritarianism instead…and I’m sure they know it.

1 Like

He has jus sanguinis as well.

you didn’t italicize the latin so I have literally no idea how to read this post.

Votes don’t care about the environment.

The funny thing to me is that think they’ll still have a voice in government.

Your problem is you’re taking it literally not seriously.

No, you’re supposed to take it literally sometimes. I’m just not going to tell you which times those are, and if you can’t figure it out without any hints then you’re part of the problem.

So is Trump going to sack up and sign this EO or is this just more of his ■■■■■■■■ to rile up scared white people for votes?

My gut feeling is, he’s all hat, no cattle.

Are you saying that illegals in our country don’t HAVE TO follow our laws?

1 Like

Nope, but the amendment didn’t say subject to our laws and that isn’t what that term means in that context. It refers to political and not legal jurisdiction.

As in

Elk v. Wilkins, 112 U.S. 94

The persons declared to be citizens are “all persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof.” The evident meaning of these last words is not merely subject in some respect or degree to the jurisdiction of the United States, but completely subject to their political jurisdiction and owing them (U.S.) direct and immediate allegiance. And the words relate to the time of birth in the one case, as they do to the time of naturalization in the other. Persons not thus subject to the jurisdiction of the United States at the time of birth cannot become so afterwards except by being naturalized, either individually, as by proceedings under the naturalization acts, or collectively, as by the force of a treaty by which foreign territory is acquired.

Well, JayJay? Do you disagree with Justice Gray’s crystal clear comment?

JWK

Or as I have been saying, we have the jurisdiction over our laws which govern the behavior of foreign citizen guests in our country. We have legal jurisdiction over their conduct, we do not have the type of jurisdiction over their person, as does the nation they are citizens of.

It’s ridiculous for people to think foreign citizens who knowingly violate our immigration laws, by either overstaying their visa, or sneak into our country, are to be rewarded by granting their baby US citizenship…

Foreign citizens illegally residing inside US borders did not respect the jurisdiction of US immigration law, so obviously they did not feel they were "subject to the jurisdiction thereof."

1 Like

Think about complete jurisdiction this way, say you are born here to Mexican citizens, if we were to need to bring back the draft, couldn’t such a person avoid the draft by the simple expedient of returning to Mexico and claiming to only ever having been a citizen of Mexico? Could a person born here to American citizens get away with that legally?

And someone earlier in the thread said Mexico doesn’t consider such people to be citizens of Mexico, that was not quite factual. In fact they differentiate between what they call a Mexican National, which includes children born abroad to parents who were born in Mexico and Mexican citizens, those born to Mexicans in Mexico, that does not include them. However, being a Mexican national obligates you to serve in their military if drafted, you just can’t vote or hold office. Technically Mexican nationals are even obligated to pay taxes to Mexico.

So that’s a pretty sweet deal for anchor babies isn’t it? All the rights and privileges of US citizenship but not all of the obligations that go along with it for natural born American citizens.

He didn’t even talk about this until a week or so before the election. It’s a political trick to get votes.

But at least he zipped up his fly.