Trump Cites A Poorly Framed Poll Question

And I noticed you joined those two with “or”. As in “either”…“or”.

‘Do you believe that “x” and “y” are true’ is one question.

‘Do you believe that either “x” or “y” are true’ is a different question.

The poll question used “and”.

Prop Mill sycophants must attack poll.

Cannot have President portrayed as underdog or correct.

Ultimately the framing of the question does not matter. The reality is that the bad press on Trump has failed. Mueller bad PR move has failed and all the policy hopes of the D platform are looking fragile right about now.

For such a band of geniuses, all I see is Wile E. Coyote exploits…

:cactus:

I can believe Trump said it was a witch hunt AND I can believe he been under increased scrutiny.

Neither answer tells you what I believe about the investigation.

ETA: And I didn’t put the ‘or’ between x and y. I put it between x and x.

What Trump said vs. what I believe. They didn’t ask what I believe about the investigation, they asked if I believed whether Trump said that about the investigation.

Adroit: Adroit is the best.

Poll Question: Adroit has said that Adroit is the best. Do you agree?

If you answer no, you are unequivocally wrong. I have indeed said Adroit is the best.

1 Like

Exactly. Here’s how I’d look at it.

1. The sky is blue and rain falls from clouds. Do you agree? Easy. This states two facts separated by “and.”
  2. Bob said the sky is blue and Bob said rain falls from clouds. Do you agree? Still easy. You can agree that Bob said those things and also agree with the facts he said.
  3. The sky is purple and rain comes from trees. Do you agree? Easy again. You can disagree with two obviously false statements.
  4. Bob said the sky is purple and Bob said rain comes from trees. Do you agree? Not an easy answer. Are you agreeing that Bob made those statements or are you agreeing with what Bob said? You can agree that he said those things but not agree that what he said is true. You could agree that the sky is purple during some sunsets but only agree that Bob said rain comes from trees, not that it is true. Lots of ways to answer that question.

I agree that president Trump has called the investigation a witch hunt.

…and that…may be the largest understatement in political history.

…your reality my friend.

Which coincidentally is objective reality.

Yeah, and Presidential Harassment is real.

…in your reality my friend.

You’re making my point for me. There is no “my reality” and “your reality” there is just reality. We can debate whether water is hot or cold. We can’t debate whether water is wet. Objective reality.

Is dry ice…dry?

Good grief. You could not have missed the point any harder if you tried. Wow