Trump blames Harvey Victims; claims they were watching the Hurricane

I was proud of the many duck hunters who did go out during the storm and were some of the first responders to rescue people. They were incredible and a great example of the American spirit.

It’s too bad trump couldn’t have said something factual like that. Instead of saying something feckless like thousands of Texans needed rescuing because they went out on boats to watch the hurricane, and it didn’t work out too well for them. It makes Americans look like idiots and it’s a total lie

Keep it up cheese girl…

Donald says thousands of Texans needed rescuing because they went out on boats to watch the hurricane and that didn’t work out too well for them. He said it so it must be true.

After doing research I can not find anything to confirm or deny the story. The Coast Guard did save some folks in boats in the gulf after the storm, but could not confirm when they went out or why they were there. When asked directly about Trump’s claim a Coast Guard representative said that they could not confirm it.
So it would appear that Trump just made it up.

I can guarantee you that us folks down here in Texas take hurricanes, thunderstorms and tornadoes pretty seriously.

1 Like

How out of character for Donald.

Not like Florida…they shoot at em.