Trickledown economics

After everything that the Tories have ■■■■■■ up… it is amazing that they are still in power.

Blame the tories for that. They lost confidence in him because of his constant lies on multiple issues, and then the party faithful elected Truss.

This is squarely on the conservative party.

1 Like

Labour are definitely taking advantage of this and they now have their best chance of winning a general election.

Truss is an absolute disaster for the UK.

It is kind of wild how there is this idea that Truss is some wokie libbby lib when she is there because the Conservative party put her there.

1 Like

It would be kind of hard to make the case that Labour would be worse for the economy at this point.

It may well be the end of Tory dominance, but the problem is Truss so-called leadership style. People with experience in leadership (as opposed to winning meme arguments) do things like build a consensus before springing “Whatever I want will now be law of the land” on the people and the economy."

Even if she had the best policies imaginable, a “leadership” style like that is going to leave the capital markets cowering for cover wondering “What the heck is she gonna do next?”

You mean like a Bloomberg Republican?
Yeah looks like she is one of those. But what I am talking about here is her so-called leadership style not the policies she’d like to enact.

You said that she was “woke” which Is hilarious.

1 Like

https://members.parliament.uk/Government/Cabinet

■■■ are you talking about?

just repeating what I heard

With absolutely no internal filter?

Whoever told you that is an ignorant fool and you should stop listening to them.

2 Likes

Perhaps I should have repeated what they said verbatim “top jobs” and such.

tsk tsk I misused the word “cabinet” oh the horror . . . biggest mistake in the history of chat rooms

I don’t know. Their past record…. Man can they do some damage.

1 Like

It completly changes the meaning of what you said.

And you then used that ■■■■■■■■ information to decide the cabinet was ‘woke’.

Which is a conclusion so fanciful it makes you look a bit silly.

Chat rooms. :face_with_hand_over_mouth:. Are you logged into aol right now? Tell us!

1 Like

I consider myself dutifully chastised for having written the word “cabinet” when the truth is “top cabinet posts.” Oh the shame of it all.

Here’s more from all over the world

Whats the issue with this? If she thinks they are the best fit for the job then thats who she selects.

Regardless of who she selects it will all fall apart because she is the worst leader possible they could have elected.

Labour were cheering and celebrating when the results of the Tory leadership position were announced.

I think Tony Blairs government overall did a good job. His biggest mistake was the Iraq war.

Labour since the late 90s with the exception of Corbyns tenure is very different from what we saw in the 70s and 80s.

Johnson won the last election thanks to traditiona labour supporters switching because of Brexit. That is turning out to be another tory disaster so those voters are not going to go tory again. Plus Boris for all his faults is really good at connecting with individuals. His bon vivant facade works. IMO for many of the electorate its not about a nuanced dissection of the policies and manifest but more about style and personality.

2 Likes

Why does “trickle down” work from government but not the private sector?

1 Like

What does this mean?