Travel ban idiocy. Biden proves again he's a nit wit

That is simply not true.

I agree. This is a more effective way to stop the draw of illegals.

Call your representatives. Particularly those in the south and border ag. states who use millions of undocumented workers every season.

But generally there is no appetite for punishing companies. There is only an appetite for demonizing the workers they hire.

If you are going to force business owners to do the job of federal law enforcement we may as well deputize them to make arrests while we are at it.

1 Like

Immigration law includes proof of eligibility at time of hire, and minimum wage laws.

No, that’s not true. Immigration - and other - laws including hiring practices.

Know what else it includes, admonition that if someone gives you an ID that seems to be legit, questioning it will invoke the wrath of the EEOC. And such fake ID is readily and cheaply available.

1 Like

What’s minimum wage for an illegal?

Immigration law in this country is a goat rope.

Don’t want me to hire them, do your job and keep them out. Once they’re in, it is inhumane to keep them from making a living. No unpersoning.

Yes, it is true. You are advocating me starving them out. The Bible doesn’t allow that.

What could go wrong with a large permanent underclass?

No there is a great point. I would offer that most every successful society requires one. But to work.

Workers, coming across the border and an employer giving them a job that someone here legally should/could be doing…think about that.

Think about that.

The private sector has no role in immigration law. Government doesn’t get to force me to starve them out because it failed.

Does a cashier have a responsibility to check your ID before they sell you liquor? The same applies with an employer.

No. Also bad law.

I think it is if they have no SS or TIN number.

Why is that my problem?

You know…death and taxes…Don’t mess with the IRS.

Fail to see how punishing business owners and shutting down their business is a win for American workers. We’ll show them they can’t hire illegals and deprive Americans of that work, by shutting down the business so nobody gets the job. Brilliant.

1 Like

…but it is the law and it’s not being enforced. If “we” don’t like a law, then it should be changed but it shouldn’t be ignored and not enforced.