Township worker cut when he tried to remove Trump sign from private property

As will the owner.

Baloney. The democrats put signs on my property nearly every year without asking permission.

There was a news story in Austin a couple of nights ago about the city ordinance on where political signs can be placed. The city went to every house that were not in compliance to explain the rules. It took them some time but seemed like the right thing to do to avoid this kind of stuff.

Nicely played. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

1 Like

Thanks for your support.

Great. Go to the homeowner and show them the order, then allow the homeowner to remove the sign. Since the person trespassed and attempted to do this on his own, ■■■■ him. Had he asked first, I’m sure the home owner would have informed him the sign had blades on the bottom? If they didn’t inform him and he got hurt, that’s on them. The government took it into their own hands…and those hands got cut.

Nah, the scofflaw Trump supporters doesn’t get special treatment.

The worker was doing his job and not doing anything wrong. Booby traps are illegal.

4 Likes

A Commerce Township ordinance requires signs to be 33 feet from the center of the roadway. The signs were located 24 feet from the center of the road clearly within the right of way, the Oakland County Sheriff’s Office said in a news release.
“You can’t boobytrap them with the intent to hurt, harm or maim someone,” he said. “For whatever reason, (someone felt the need to) protect this like it’s the Crown Jewels.”

I’m trying to imagine the kind of person who would do something like this. For a sign.

1 Like

The town worker didn’t trespass.

He had every legal right to enter the property and remove the sign.

2 Likes

Thank you for explaining this. It was pretty much a gray area on the booby traps being illegal thing. Who could have imagined that booby traps are illegal?

Bra’s are not illegal.

WW

True story, but they’re supportive.

1 Like

The sign was deemed too close to a public roadway per the article.

1 Like

Then they should have them to move it rather than just trespassing and trying to yank it up i would think.

They were probably just offended by the fact it was a Trump sign.

If they had done that the home owner would have probably just moved it.

1 Like

Doubtful, the homeowner is the type of human who attaches razor blades to a sign. It’s silly to discuss hypotheticals where he acts in a reasonable manner when confronted with authority.

No one “trespassed.” The sign was in the right of way.

The homeowner was supposedly out of town when the incident happened.

Good point. Same with all those illegal posters on telephone polls. Should probably find the folks who put them up and ask them to remove them, no?

Or, just tear 'em down while you’re there.

Pretty sure I know which is more efficient.