Top U.S. Ukraine official who heard Trump phone call to testify Tues in defiance of WH

It is shades of Watergate. I remember that no one was talking about it until the public hearings started. And over the weeks the discussions went from “maybe” to “oh ■■■■■■
And the real kicker here is that the WH doesn’t have a strategy. And I believe that is because Trump thinks that he is the best at persuading public opinion. He believes that by his words and tweets this whole thing is going to become a non-issue. And I believe that he is going to find out how wrong he is.

1 Like

His tweets and Fox News are the only things that are keeping this clown from going down the abyss.

You’re absolutely correct. Approval for impeachment was low when everything started with Watergate. It wasn’t until they became public that the polls began to turn. Here, the polls already slightly favor impeachment, and public hearings have yet to begin. That’s likely not a good sign for Trump.

1 Like

Trump is now saying he doesn’t want to talk about procedure he wants to talk about the case.

That’s the last thing republicans want to do. Trump’s so high up on bs mountain he forgot all the elected officials below have to actually deal with their constituents, they can’t just say crazy stuff like he does and get away with it.

1 Like

As this thing progresses and Trump goes more and more off the wall, I wonder if enough Republican Senators will finally have enough and vote to get rid of him. They might think that Pence and loosing the next election is better then what might happen if Trump remains in office.

As Pelosi pointed out this morning, this is coming down to a choice between party and country… and right now most Republicans are clearly choosing party. Dangerous times.

I still believe Trump resigning and Pence pardoning everyone is the only good option the GOP has.

That leaves us with President Pence, brought to you by God™ and he could actually win.

I guess he doesn’t have nice things to say.

1 Like

Fat donald needs to beg for forgiveness and then resign.

1 Like

There was a lot more Biden and Burisma discussed and he wanted to add that in.

Gerald Ford probably would have been reelected in 1976 if he had not pardoned Nixon. Polls show Pence’s #'s are comparable to Trump’s… behind but within striking distance.

1 Like

That is specifically part of his job, being fluent in Ukrainian and Russian. He could translate and take notes to make sure the memo accurately reflected the conversation. That is precisely why he was monitoring the call.

2 Likes

I have watched very limited discussion about how involved Pence was with all of these shenanigans.
There is some speculation that he has been complicit in quite a bit of it. And so I have to wonder how often he has been the subject of discussion in this investigation. I have heard some Democrats that have said that Trump, Pence and Barr should all be brought up on articles of impeachment. Sure makes me wonder.

There certainly are indications that Pence was complicit. Problem is… there is no way the Republican Senate will convict both Trump and Pence as that would lead directly to President Pelosi.

If Pence were to resign first, Trump could appoint a Republican successor but that could lead directly to President Kushner.

Tough choices.

2 Likes

Jared or Ivanka?

The Quayle defense, brilliant.

1 Like

This assumes Trump isn’t dumb enough to try to throw the wolves Pence first.

Certainly possible, the only people Trump won’t sacrifice are a subset of his children and one son-in-law. But whom would Trump pick to replace Pence. Nixon saw Agnew resign in disgrace and chose a well-known, safe Washington insider. One shudders to think of whom Trump would pick…

Yeah…which makes it even worse for trump because then it’s really clear this was about the election

And first lady Ivanka.

God save us.