Today on Capitol Hill

You can bet security will be ramped up in a major way if they decide to come back, because now they have a track record of violence.

Quite the friendly peaceful protest.

Allan

Didnt the capitol police chief resign?

They should have expected it. It was all over smaller social media platforms like parler.

Thanks. :smiley:

The Michigan State House

And your evidence they were the same people is what?

They talked about doing just this after Michigan. Also, it’s close enough to warrant extra caution, especially given all the violent talk on parler etc.

I am thinking there are always going to be fringe elements talking about violence in any large political protest. Don’t sweat it, I am completely positive our people in congress will spare no expense to make sure this never happens again.

I don’t think it was just a few fringe elements, it was voluminous.

Of course it was fringe, what percent of the people there were involved?

Several hundred were directly involved with around one hundred actually entering the building. Hundreds of others cheered them on. That’s more than fringe.

So less then one percent, isn’t fringe? And cheering on doesn’t count as it isn’t illegal.

“They said the circumstantial evidence available pointed to what would be openly called a coup attempt in any other nation.”

Hundreds more would have entered if they could have and we both know it.

Flat out lie early on

from The fallacy of white privilege — and how it's corroding society

“The defeated president gives a speech to a group of supporters where he tells them he was robbed of the election, denounces his own administration’s members and party as traitors, and tells his supporters to storm the building where the voting is being held,” the NATO intelligence official said.

No, he never told anyone to storm the building. And the people responsible for not enough people on hand to stop it are the capital police. Which answers to congress, not Trump.

2 Likes

I agree this sounds like a conspiracy theory, especially the part about federal law enforcement being in on it. The questions about the lack of security are still unanswered though.

Several federal agencies offered them more manpower, capitol police turned them down, it’s their turf.

1 Like

Sure you did.

Or at the minimum dismissed it.

You have yet to state what you think real problem is, and why people are pissed off.

I think a lot of people are wondering why they turned them down.

1 Like