TLAIB IN TROUBLE: Police Chief RIPS Tlaib for Saying He Should Only Hire African-American Analysts

Originally published at: TLAIB IN TROUBLE: Police Chief RIPS Tlaib for Saying He Should Only Hire African-American Analysts | Sean Hannity

Detroit Police Chief James Craig slammed Congresswoman Rashida Tlaib this week after the lawmaker suggested he only hire African-American analysts; saying he would be forced to resign had he made similar statements.

“The fact that she made that statement, what does that say to the members of this department who are analysts, who are trained, who are white? That they, in some way, can’t do their job professionally? That’s insulting,” said Craig.

“Here’s what’s troubling. As a police chief who happens to be African-American, if I made a similar statement people would be calling for my resignation right now. We know that,” he added.

“This is me protecting my residents. My residents asked me to do my job. My job is to make sure they’re not going to be misidentified,” claimed Tlaib.

Here are his remarkspic.twitter.com/b0xqCnDmyG

— Ryan Saavedra (@RealSaavedra) October 3, 2019

Original Story: October 2, 2019

Rep. Rashida Tlaib raised eyebrows from both Democrats and Republicans this week; telling the Detroit Police Chief to hire only African American analysts for new facial recognition software aimed at capturing criminals.

“Democratic Rep. Rashida Tlaib told Detroit’s chief of police that he should hire only black people as analysts to run their facial recognition software because, she claimed, non-black people think they all look alike,” reports Fox News.

“Analysts need to be African-Americans, not people that are not,” Tlaib said. “It’s true, I think non-African-Americans think African-Americans all look the same!”

“I trust people who are trained, regardless of race, regardless of gender,” said Chief James Craig.

“The error rate among African-Americans, especially women” is 60 percent, claimed Tlaib during the exchange.

“Are you saying white people are not qualified,” asked the police chief.

Read the full report at Fox News.