TLAIB AFTER WALKOUT: ‘The Mention of Brett Kavanaugh For Me is a Trigger’

Originally published at: TLAIB AFTER WALKOUT: ‘The Mention of Brett Kavanaugh For Me is a Trigger’ | Sean Hannity

“Squad” member Rep. Rashida Tlaib abruptly walked out of President Trump’s State of the Union address Tuesday night; telling MSNBC’s Rachel Maddow she was “triggered” by the mention of Supreme Court Justice Brett Kavanaugh’s name.

“Even the mention of Brett Kavanaugh for me is a trigger,” Tlaib told Maddow. “Just as a woman in America, the fact that he rightfully was accused and having an incredibly strong woman come for the public and the world and tell her story of sexual assault by this person who was appointed to the Supreme Court is just … I couldn’t stand still and not do anything about it and I needed to walk away from that.”

This is what America looks like ✌🏽 pic.twitter.com/4NCDdxJsql

— Ilhan Omar (@IlhanMN) February 5, 2020

I walked out of that speech. The lies, the bigotry, and the shameless bragging about taking away food stamps that people depend on to live—it was all beneath the dignity of the office he occupies. Shame on this forever impeached president.

— Rashida Tlaib (@RashidaTlaib) February 5, 2020

“I walked out of that speech. The lies, the bigotry, and the shameless bragging about taking away food stamps that people depend on to live—it was all beneath the dignity of the office he occupies. Shame on this forever impeached president,” posted Tlaib on Twitter.

Rep. Ilhan Omar also walked-out as the President delivered his remarks.

Read the full report at Fox News.