Time to move the US capital?

I agree with @Bill.in.PA , Kansas City is too good for our congressmen. We should put the captial in the middle of a bunker under the black hills of South Decoda or ozarks In Missouri which are the actual geographic and popular centers of the USA.

37° 24′ 56.61″ N, 92° 20′ 47.49″ W

Put that in Google Maps, Bing Maps, MapQuest or whatever mapping site you use and that will give the 2020 Census center of population.

Why would any Red State WANT the Capital in the first place??? With it would come hundreds of thousands of Federal workers, attorneys and others who would rapidly turn the receiving State from red to blue. Virginia is mostly blue due to the presence of Washington, D.C. and government workers.

I suggest we leave the capital in D.C.

I’ll volunteer the island of Attu. Nobody is using it for anything these days. The landscape architects would have a clean slate to work with.

Move it to Texas so they can keep better eye on the border.
Biden can hitch a piggy-back ride to the border, save money, no stairs to climb, home for supper by the time Missus says Gritz.

Agriculture department has little to do with the border. Kansas City is a far better location being surrounded for thousands of miles by such farmland.

I would be discinlined to let them have one of Alaska’s Islands seeing as. There seems to be soo little value in them having any 1 particular place at all for them to regularly meet.

We the people would be far better served by retaining our federal representation close to we the people whom they are suppose to represent.

Only risks and corruption comes from letting them all gather together to conspire with one anther against us in secrete. Risk both to their safety being a convenient target for a modern nuke and to our representation, them being unduly influenced to represent people other than their constituency.

As such if they are going to have a particular meeting place we should at least address the first concern, in addition to making it as uncomfortable as possible as to better address the 2nd one in making them disinclined to spend much time there.

Same reason I contend that the UN should be located in Jerusalem.

1 Like

Them meeting regularly is part of the problem. The only time we can trust them is when they are not getting together and engaging in writing Legislation.