Time to build a wall on the northern border too!

The link’s synopsis says it all.

These hornets have a voracious appetite for honeybees.

My theory is that Canada is importing these alien hornets from Asia to dump them over the border to finish off our depleted honeybee population and destroy the USA agriculture sector.

1 Like

'bout damn time!

Liberals will probably try to say this is a bad idea. The fact is that walls work. China has a wall and do they have a hornet problem? I don’t think so.

See? That right there! ^^

A good article on honeybee population.

But despite panicked claims of an apocalypse, managed honeybee colonies in the United States have actually [been rising since]

(https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/wonk/wp/2015/07/23/call-off-the-bee-pocalypse-u-s-honeybee-colonies-hit-a-20-year-high/?utm_term=.8a44ac964fab) 2008. In fact, as of April 2017, U.S. honeybee colonies are at their highest levels in more than 23 years! According toUniversity of Sussex Professor Dave Goulson, perhaps the foremost expert on bees, the trend is the same globally.

As far as the wild honeybee population, that is another matter. The article states the threat as parasites and pesticides.

I wonder if there is a natural predator for the giant hornet. Can’t be good news if they get a foothold and there isn’t one. Kind of like what is happening in the Everglades with pythons.

Wild hogs from Canada are a much bigger threat to American agriculture, particularly in the upper plains states.

Well, honeybees are technically invasive and “aliens’ as well…

But yeah, agriculture.