Time for reparations from China?

China is a major world power with a massive army and the 2nd largest economy in the world. They hold a lot of our debt. Realistically there is nothing anyone can do.

Wrong. We can cancel much of there debt as punishment for killing millions and driving millions more to financial ruin.

Giving up and walking away is for liberals.

Last I checked Liberals are currently in power. :+1:

But seriously, if we were to simply walk away from what we owe China, markets would crash as America picking and choosing who gets paid back would be a financial disaster. No one would trust America and likely would be reluctant to loan them money.

1 Like

That sounds like setting a dangerous precedent that other countries might choose to adopt with respect to any debt that they might have with another country such as the USA.

1 Like

But seriously. Throwing our hands in the air and walking away from mass murder is not acceptable.

What would you do that is less “dangerous?”

I agree, but realistically our options are very limited. A smaller third world country might certainly be punished. But in the case of a major power like China, absent a smoking gun, it is likely nothing other than rhetoric will be forth coming.

According to whom? Is this what Biden is saying? It’s up to them to respond. Not us to make excuses for them.

I believe our glossing over of Jamal Khashoggi’s murder by Saudi Arabia provides some insight. Lots of rhetoric and condemnation, but no real action for fear of upsetting the apple cart.

Once again, I agree there should be serious repercussions but seriously doubt there will be.

1 Like

Not at all. It’s just not the topic.

Actually it is. In the world today we have major countries that we do business with that are fundamentally key to our stability. Saudi Arabia is one of them, thus we took no action for something that clearly demanded we do. I seriously believe we will see similar inaction with China.

I’m not trying to justify it or make excuses, I’m simply stating what I believe will happen.

As long as we’re discussing beliefs. Why do you suppose that nearly the entire democratic party lined up and condemned Israel for responding after they were attacked? Yet they are all dead silent regarding China? With rare exception, why are the afraid to even comment?

I’ve shared my beliefs regarding this behavior in other threads. For a quick recap, I believe Obama’s apology tour and his comments about America not being special kind of says it all.

Its all about globalism and America’s participation in the world community. I think they honestly believe America is responsible for most of the world’s problems, thus Obama’s apology tour. In regards to the Palestinian issue, I think DEMs kind of agree that Israel as a nation doesn’t really have a right to exist. It was arbitrarily created in 1948, and that arbitrary action is responsible for much of the unrest in the Middle East. Palestinians are simply trying to reclaim their rightful homeland.

All my opinions of course.

What’s wrong with their current homeland? Did you know that if you dig down in the dirt in Israel you will find 3000 years of Jewish history?

No disagreement here. I’m 100 percent on board with Israel as a nation. I’m simply responding to your question about why I think DEMs behave as they do.

Fair enough.

1 Like

Not true. Actually much evidence is pointing to that. Now that the rest of the world is finally catching up to Altair, how should this work? I like the idea of cancelling a large portion of our debt with China. Sound good?

Jen Psaki shuts down reporter demanding China pay “reparations” for COVID-19 / LGBTQ Nation

Is this your gut feeling? US Jews overwhelmingly support Israel, and overwhelmingly vote for Democrats.

Can China Be Made to Pay Reparations for Covid? | RealClearPolitics

Jews make up a very small percentage of Democrats in the U.S. While they might support Israel over the Palestinians, I still strongly believe most Democrats favor the Palestinians over Israel.