This Is Why Curtis Sliwa Might Actually Win

Didn’t this guy lie about being kidnapped or something?

Sliwa said the worst, and last, of his fabrications was his 1980 claim that three transit police officers picked him up in a car, drove him around and threatened him to get the Guardian Angels to end subway patrols. That never happened.

Never knew he went Morton Downey Jr for media attention.

That actually does change my opinion of him.

Too bad. The Guardian Angels was a good idea.

What did morton downy jr. do?

Claimed he was assaulted in a bathroom and cut a swastika in his forehead backwards.

His public persona was over after that.

Sliwa should have stayed out of the race. I can understand how the founder of the guardian angels would want to help the current lack of law in his city. This has to start with prosecutor and sentencing.

He was asked about his made up crimes. To his credit he owned up to them.

What will his opponent get?

Huh? Is math in the Sourthern Hemisphere different somehow?

Curtis getting 25% of the vote will be surprising to a lot of folks. He is being dismissed as a joke but the truth is that Adams is pretty much a joke too.

The actual maths shouldn’t be different. However, in my defence I would point out that I have assumed that voting is not mandatory and there is not preferential voting, so 25% of the votes could lead the count.

I said 25% of the vote, not 25% of all voters.

Aussies are strange bunch. :wink:

Isn’t it first past the post rather than preferential voting? If it is, then it is possible to win an election with 25% of the votes.

We are both using English words but I’m convinced we are speaking different languages. :rofl:

There are two candidates, Curtis isn’t going to win.

I wasn’t aware that there were only 2 candidates. Under those circumstances, I acknowledge unreservedly that 25% will not win a 2 horse field.

1 Like

Sliwa is a bit like Trump in as much as he is a real NYC character. The difference is that Curtis has empathy for others and he actually loves the City.

The second debate was today and Sliwa was on the offensive. Several times he knocked Adams out of robot mode and Adams got nasty and personal.

I heard the polls are currently giving Sliwa about 25% support but after this debate I seriously think Sliwa can get 40% of the vote.

Adams will win but he will be little more than de Blasio 2.0

At best.

Took 12 minutes. Probably too long for it to get called. Sliwa is at 12 percent.

Sliwa was never going to win.

But with Adams, NYC is the actual loser.