This is what happens when government school teachers brainwash students on global warming

We need more forest. But better fire management will take care of the rest.

Clear cutting adds life into the woods.

But libs don’t even want to cut those tree that have been effected with beetles.

Stronger hurricanes. :rofl:

1 Like

Want to know the best part of his article? It makes your point and not his

The best bird habitats contain a mix of forests both young and old. Variety—in this case, habitat vari­ety—is the spice of life for birds.

It even illustrates the point

Oh man…you can’t go there and not be humbled.

That is not true

Nope.

Properly managed logging and fire, yes…

Like in Chile

Maybe not as a broad brush.

But there are enviro groups out there that protest and try to prevent any logging. Even the logging that’s good for a forest.

They may not be the majority on the left. But they are on the left.

1 Like

Years ago there was small patch of effected tree near Lake Chelan. They wanted to cut out those trees that was effected. Then it spread cover thousands of acres.

Well few years ago then all went up in smoke.

BTW…it you only going to take one boat trip on fresh water lake…Lake Chelan is great lake. It takes your through multiple forests systems.

https://www.google.com/search?q=lake+chelan&tbm=isch&source=univ&client=firefox-b-1-d&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwj3o5PFxujkAhXMpJ4KHYHqBPoQ7Al6BAgBECQ&biw=1423&bih=704#imgrc=_

sigh Try reading the whole article, what we are missing is new growth forest. And my point wasn’t that we shouldn’t have old growth forest, it was that we don’t have nearly enough new growth forest.

They are also the right

Umm. You just contradicted yourself.

Which is it. Logging to removed diseased trees is good or bad?

How is showing that environmental groups also exist on the right contradicting myself

56th day of 100 degrees in austin. either the 4th or 5th highest on record.
17th day over 100 in september,an all time record.
Most of teh hottest summers of all time in austin have occurred since 2000

My apologies.

I read that as “They are also right.” Which is why I thought there was a contradiction.

1 Like

No. I do not agree with them

All good. Thanks

That’s not what you originally said (“old growth is crappy”), and others are also trying frame it black as white. Ranging from the young meadow/clearing to the thickest old growth, all are essential to the health of a forest.

A large area of cleared forest is not as productive as you think, being surrounded by the various stages of forest is key into making those cleared/burned areas thrive.

But yes, the 19th century (and allowing areas of forest to become overgrown) provides a lot of lessons on better management going forward.

8 of the 10 years with the most days over 100 in austin have occurred since 2000

Oh I’m sorry, did I not use precise enough language? Oh well.