This is perfect example of why many knelt during the National Anthem

Feel free to if you want. The good cops need to do a better job of weeding the bad out of their ranks, because they only serve to destroy connections between communities and law enforcement.

It definitely drew attention…if he hadn’t drawn attention, you and I and everyone else wouldn’t know to talk about it. And of course…those who find the entire discussion of police brutality…er…awkward will consider it “asinine”.

Yes he did. “I am not going to stand up to show pride in a flag for a country that oppresses black people and people of color,” Kaepernick

Here’s some headlines that I often find to be less than accurate.

That’s not how it works. A story is vetted by editors before it’s handed to the copy desk for a headline. And if it needs to be updated later, it is. Too bad the people making up these memes about the press don’t have the first clue on what they’re talking about.

And time was, the person writing the story wouldn’t hand it to the editor until they had a lot more information than they do now. That’s why stories now are constantly updated because of the lack of will to wait till the reporter knows more.

Yeah…then why are media…so-called news are wrong so many times?

As for a clue…We The People see your work. And it’s shabby workmanship.

1 Like

“I am not going to sit in the back of the bus to show pride to white people in a country that oppresses black people and people of color,” Rosa Parks

BTW not a direct quote… just making a point

Yes a made up quote definitely refutes the actual words out of Kapernick’s mouth. Lol

Latest reports say that the cops approached the car in the store parking lot. Occupants saw them coming, and they sped away.

The father admits to shoplifting in this incident, and as they sped off, he threw his stuff out the window. Mother admits that she saw her daughter carrying the doll out and didn’t do anything about it.

From the cops’ perspective, how can they assume anything other than the worst at that point? Had the people not sped away, this would have not escalated. But once a car speeds away like that, what are cops supposed to think? And no doubt they saw items getting tossed from the window. What is the usual circumstance when that happens? Once the cops re-engaged the occupants, is anyone not surprised that they were on maximum alert?

Ok. Whatever floats your boat.

Once underwear start flying out of a window, all bets are off. SWAT should be called.

Yep. And The cops definitely lost their cool. They need to do better. Freaking out like that doesn’t help any situation…

Now there’s another content-free post.

Cops don’t know what’s in the bag that gets tossed during the chase.

so sweet

The underwear could of been loaded

2 Likes

In several of the topics I have participated on this site I have been lectured about the divine origins of the 1A and 2A. Surely players “taking a knee” is well within their constitutional right do do so?

Also, can someone clarify whether Colin Kaepernick has received compensation for his exclusion from the NFL?

Ah: to verse or not to verse.

I presume a significant difference was that with respect to the "unarmed (sic) old man"potential offences may have had national security implications.

Absolutely, constitutional rights are enumerated in out Bill of Rights. Let me lecture you further though. Those rights are regarding what the GOVERNMENT cannot violate.

And with those rights come responsibilities. You are still subject to consequences of your actions. Flash a gun at the mall, and even though you have the right to carry it, you’re going to face consequences for doing so.

Kaepernick was never threatened by the government for taking a knee. That’s the extent of the application of the First Amendment here.

Private entities, individuals, corporations … none of them are governed by the first amendment. Violate conduct rules of the organization you work for, and you’ll be subject to firing.

Seriously? Every owner knows his (rusty) skills are not worth the lightning-rod distractions to the team that he would bring. It’s a business decision, and he’s not entitled to any compensation. Behavior has consequences.

But other corporations have signed him to endorsement deals. To them, he’s worth the attention. He’s doing just fine financially.

So to summarise the sanctity of the 1A and 2A are not sacrosanct nor are they inviolable.

And to clarify are you saying there was no settlement of any lawsuit between Kaepernik and the NFL?