This is not just another evolution thread

Is there no equilibrium populations between hunter and prey? If that doesn’t exist, then why are there gazelles in the Serengeti? Wouldn’t lions have eaten them all?

We are reducing complex ecosystems to absurdities.

2 Likes

Always the atheist being rude isn’t it…

1 Like

Long before ■■■■ sapien.

From the article:

Bunn believes these early humans probably sat in trees and waited until herds of antelopes or gazelles passed below, then speared them at point-blank range. This skill, developed far earlier than suspected, was to have profound implications. Once our species got a taste for meat, it was provided with a dense, protein-rich source of energy. We no longer needed to invest internal resources on huge digestive tracts that were previously required to process vegetation and fruit, which are more difficult to digest. Freed from that task by meat, the new, energy-rich resources were then diverted inside our bodies and used to fuel our growing brains.

As a result, over the next two million years our crania grew, producing species of humans with increasingly large brains – until this carnivorous predilection produced ■■■■ sapiens .

All animals need to be on guard against predators - even lions. Our ancestors (who were still good climbers) developed weapons and tools long before ■■■■ sapien. I’m not saying hominids were never eaten by predators - I’m simply arguing that your extinction scenario is unwarranted.

Glad to talk about Adam and Eve, but here’s the thing. Over in the other thread, there was much outrage and indignation by you guys at the mere thought that somewhere, there are people that believe in creation. Somewhere, there are actually teachers and school districts that may actually be allowing evolution to be taught as the theory it is, acknowledge that there is much about evolution that isn’t explained and also presenting the idea that not everyone believes in evolution but creation instead.

OH THE HORROR!! :flushed: What kind of nonsense is it that teachers present differing beliefs and ideas to kids and give them the choice of deciding for themselves what to believe? But that’s exactly what liberals hate. Diversity of thought. Don’t teach kids to reason and think and decide for themselves what to believe, the little robots must be trained to not question the teachings going on in their indoctrination centers. Teach them to scorn, ridicule, shame, or shout down anyone who questions their doctrines. If you believe in evolution, fine. But since you can’t answer every single question and prove every assertion about it without the science you worship, don’t present it as a scientific fact.

Rant noted, but that didn’t answer my question. Why didn’t lions and tigers kill Adam and Eve or their children? They shouldn’t have lasted 15 days.

Sorry, you don’t get to push your religion in public school science classes.

The reason why lions didn’t kill Adam and Eve is because God protected them. What more of an answer do you people actually need?

2 Likes

I got a perfect SAT score out of high school… I answered with “God” on every question. But they thought I was cheating with such a perfect score so it got tossed. Those damn libs

3 Likes

I prefer the Egyptian story of creation anyway. We should teach that instead of biblical creation during biology 101

That would be true of every science in existence. No science is devoid of unanswered questions.

Which is precisely why you need to follow Jesus, unless you want to burn in hell

Not surprising that some people treat evolution so much differently than other sciences. Evolution must answer EVERY question while other sciences don’t have that requirement. Evolution is so personal for some people.

1 Like

Optrader, please…this is not what happens when a science textbooks covers evolution/natural selection. Science simply covers what has been physically observed usually via physical remains. In science we don’t speak of God any more than we speak of evolution in history, P.E., or math classes.

I have had students tell me they don’t believe in evolution, which is not a problem at all. I ask them if they can outline what science teaches about natural selection, and their answer is, “Of course.”

Further, evolution/natural selection does not teach that humans evolved from monkeys or apes. That is nonsense. Is their a common ancestor? Possibly, perhaps even likely, but if there is, it has not yet been found or established.

No student is shamed, ridiculed, scorned, or shouted down if they should say they don’t buy into evolution. At least they leave class properly understanding what is meant by evolution and what is not.

3 Likes

There was no death in Eden UNTIL the fall. God killed an animal to make clothing for Adam and Eve. Sin was very personal back then, people had to watch an innocent animal pay for their sins. When God kicked Adam and Eve out of Eden, he put the dread of man in them. In the new kingdom animals won’t be eating each other either.

So lions were vegetarians before the fall? Was t-rex an omnivore? After the fall, why didnt all the predators gang up on Adam and Eve?

Is it at all possible that the story of Adam and Eve is a fable told to teach a lesson and not told as historical fact?

For those interested, the wikipedia articles are quite informative. It’s fascinating how diverse the history of our ancestors are and how much research has gone into it.

Interesting how you demand evidence of every detail of evolution but when it comes to “history” you spout things unsupported by any evidence.

“And Adam and Eve rode dinosaurs down to their farm every morning.”

It’s how they try to equate scientific “theory” with every day biblical theory.