This is a heating oil chart

This is a heating oil chart
Those numbers are the price-per-gallon in dollars.

In April 2020, heating oil cost $0.84 a gallon.
Today, just three-and-a-half years later, heating oil costs $3.40 a gallon.

That is a 400% increase.

Have a nice day.

2 Likes

Oh crap, it’s getting to be about time to fill the propane tank. lol

2 Likes

Do you use heating oil?

Not anymore. But I did years ago.
Pretty common in the NE.

1 Like

Is that a typo? From the graph, it would appear to be about $0.95 a gallon.

But also from the graph, it looks like around $2/gallon would be a more representative amount on which to compare the percent increase.

Maybe I had the cursor in the wrong spot.
Lemme check.
Yup cursor in wrong spot.
corrected now.
Hat tip.

How does it work? Is there a big barrel of oil at your house that gets topped of monthly, quarterly, whatever?

at least global warming will help the homeless stay warm this winter

2 Likes

Tell Trump’s BFF, MBS.

Yes
Examples of the tank and the truck are pictured below.

Heating oil is basically just slightly-less refined kerosene or diesel or jet fuel.All four are basically the same thing. In a pinch, all of the above are interchangeable.

Below is a 2022 price chart from a furnace company that sells home furnaces of every type and fuel (They have no incentive to favor one over another.)

1 Like

I have family members who have to use propane etc, so glad I dont have to fanny around with it.

Though I am considering buying a generator for those just in case scenarios. We had a power outage for a couple of days due to a storm and spent a lot of time in my car with the air con on playing on my laptop.

With hindsight should have gone to a hotel but knew as soon as I forked out for a hotel power would come back on.

1 Like

Interesting. I have only ever had NG furnaces. Thanks!

1 Like

The basic thing is:
Every once in a while you’ll read a news story to the effect that

• “Gasoline prices have risen a little, but diesel prices have risen a LOT”
    or
  • “Gasoline prices are up a lot but diesel and jet fuel prices are through the ROOF!”

Well, diesel, jet fuel, kerosene, and heating oil are all the same thing.

1 Like

Bunch of homes in the NE heated with heating oil.

1 Like

What thread would be complete without a ,“bUt TrUmP!!”

:rofl:

4 Likes

Ya think we the sinners would get some credit for it…?

2 Likes

And to think libs want us all to use electric heat…after all electric is clean energy and environmental safe to prevent global warming…I mean climate change.

2 Likes

Keep in mind gasoline is basically a waste byproduct when you make diesel, kerosene, jet fuel and heating oil.

Libs still haven’t figured out what to do with it when they ban all gas engines.

3 Likes

I did not know that.

Before the invention and proliferation of the gasoline powered internal combustion engine, gasoline was burned off in open pits as a waste product, much like natural gas used to be from producing oil wells.

2 Likes