Third Party, is it time?

I actually agree with this, when I think felony I just assume violence.

2 Likes

Understandable.

I do think we have some common positions on climate change and police reform.

But on firearms rights, I don’t think there any way for us to compromise.

I still highly respect you as a poster on this forum, though.

Goo Goo Syndrome!

1 Like

Denmark. We prefer Denmark. Maybe Sweden.

This is why there is no compromise with authoritarian left/libs. If you do you have given into their authority.

1 Like

Thanks…back at ya!

I bet there is more that we agree on…than disagree.

Manchin, Gabbard?

Not counting all the ones we already accepted?

White privilege.

1 Like

Not only what privilege but notice how he said we…like he’s speaking for all of us.

2 Likes

You haven’t accepted any of them. You live with them because you have no choice.

But this isn’t the point. The point is that all of these issue are so polarizing, and there is no magical middle where a third party could bring both sides together. 2A was an example to illustrate that.

1 Like

That’s not at all true. Outlaw is always an option.

Perhaps, but it isn’t germane to the point of the thread.

Of course it is. Now.

Imagine a 3rd party that actually followed the Constitution.

Well, there’s another one. How can you construct a third party where some folks think “well regulated” is the part to focus on, and other folks say “not infringed” is the part to focus on?

This is an ongoing, heated debate, yet the OP imagines some magical middle that brings these two sides together.

You can focus on well regulating the militia all you want to.

Those people might want to focus on English grammar first.

2 Likes

Sure. And you focus on not infringed. And now our third party doesn’t have a plank on gun control.

Or abortion
Or environmental legislation
Or social spending

And on, and on, and on. A third party would be great, but in the current political climate, wouldn’t get off the ground

The 2nd Amendment says nothing about regulating arms. Well or otherwise. In fact it says quite the opposite.

2 Likes

It’s not the left that infringes on your second amendment right but SCOTUS and the courts as they allow regulation of that right.

Allam

What Scalia says goes.

He obviously disagrees with your take on the second. (From the grave of course)

Allan