There's a backlog of 1.3 million asylum cases

No she spoke the truth and we all know it. Tell me how many people from Central America are being persecuted based on race or religion (which fits the LEGAL definition for asylum)? Asylum is meant to be very narrowly defined if it were not then what you are looking at is the US being required to hear about 2-3 billion asylum claims worldwide.

I’ll ask this again, tell me why do these people all bypass other nations or not go to other nations closer geographically if they are in such dire straights? Is America is the only country to seek asylum in?

There’s a different solution for that.

Did you just justify Helots?

We have our own “low skilled labor”.

3 Likes

That’s not true at all.

2 Likes

Why has there never been any push to get black Americans into theses good paying jobs over the past 30 years?

Whenever you look and listen to people talk about the main reason people are flooding across the border there are statements like this:

“Those root causes have only worsened in the past few years, thanks largely to nefarious nonstate actors and corrupt and exclusionary states. Economic problems, ongoing violence, worsening corruption, and challenges to democracy have been aggravated by the devastating impact of the coronavirus. In December, the International Monetary Fund (IMF) projected that Central America’s economies will have shrunk 6% in 2020, with a short-lived drop in remittances last spring and ongoing declines in tourism. Although all three governments of the Northern Triangle — Honduras, Guatemala, and El Salvador — borrowed heavily to extend massive support packages, especially to the poorest sectors, it may take years to recover from virus’ economic consequences. One key problem is that none of the three governments represent an optimal partner for advancing U.S. interests.”

I’ve yet to hear from anyone that that are being persecuted because of their race or religion, which fits the LEGAL definition for asylum.

1 Like

You can also add in sexual preference, gender and all that stuff and it’s still not happening.

It’s like those on the left here have no concept of this reality. Regarding South America, actually all the countries there can accept refugees except for Guyana as well and SA is geographically closer to the Northern Triangle countries than the US.

Fighting age males fleeing oppression.

1 Like

Oh yeah! Let’s do this…

Here’s an answer…do not listen to any asylum claims that did not enter the country legally.

Un ■■■■ ing believable. Illegal immigrants are placed ahead of legal citizen tax payers.

I wonder if a state can legally do this, if any federal money is involved?

1 Like

There was…well there was a push to help low skilled employees train for better paying tech jobs.

They were ended by GOP administrations.

It’s only money.

2 Likes

Link? Details? Also I was referring to STEM majors & professions.

NOBODY is pointing out that there’s a number of South American countries that are geographically closer for one and that all of these people just bypass Mexico. It’s like everyone views America as the only place for asylum claims.

Agreed. They should not be allowed in when other countries are closer.

1 Like

Why?