There's a backlog of 1.3 million asylum cases

Interesting info. I was mainly thinking of Reagan’s action while Governor here in CA.

Reagan also contributed when he was Pres.

https://www.salon.com/2013/09/29/ronald_reagans_shameful_legacy_violence_the_homeless_mental_illness/

That’s not the way it works.

Allan

Every country has it’s own autonomy to do what is best for it’s situation. We are under no obligation to hear an infinite number of phony asylum claims.

Just think of how screwed up the system is for those that justly deserve to apply for, and be heard for legitimate asylum.

1 Like

How do you know a legit asylum claim from a phony one.

Answer to that question is that you don’t.

That’s what we have immigration judges for.

Allan

Why would you be for loading up the system with illigimate asylum claims, thus making it extremely more difficult for those that would/do have legitimate claims?

Hint: Wanting a better job/life is not a legitimate reason.

And once again how you you differentiate between a legit claim and a phony one. Unless you know the circumstances you can’t.

That is why we have immigration judges to determine the wheat from the chaff.

Allan

We do have laws regarding this.

How does a judge?

Do you ever get tired of being wrong?

1 Like

Yes we do.

1 Like

Change the laws and turn them all away, deport all illegal aliens no matter their circumstances, close the doors for at least a decade, end abortion and shift the emphasis to sustaining the population through the posterity of the citizens.

Tell me why do these people all bypass other nations or go to other nations closer geographically if they are in such dire straights? America is not the only country to seek asylum in.

And we are sovereign nation who can make decisions that’s best for our country.

2 Likes

Why do you think the reason is that the immigration laws have not been changed?

Is America the only place to seek asylum?

According to VP Harris this is why they are coming:

“I am here because the root causes are my highest priority in terms of addressing the issue, and we need to deal with it, both in terms of the poverty we are seeing, the hunger that we are seeing, the effects of the hurricanes and the extreme climate conditions, what we are seeing in terms of the pandemic,” Harris told reporters."

NONE of this fits the LEGAL definition of asylum.

The conservative American Action Forum, or AAF, has argued that it would take 20 years to accomplish a mass deportation program, with a full cost between $420 billion and $620 billion.
And where is that money coming from?
Also closing the doors for 10 years will mean that we don’t get any well educated tech types that we need and fall behind big time in technology. And we will always need low skilled labor in this country. The laws are not going to be changed. Both sides see it as a hot potato that they won’t touch.

That wasn’t a very good statement. We know the reasons that these folks are coming here and those reasons do fit the definition of asylum. She is trying to see if renewing the foreign aid that Trump cut off will help fix the problems that are forcing folks out of their countries.

If they come from South America and bypass countries that they could claim asylum in to get to a richer country that’s economic migration. It’s like the European migration crisis of 2015 many on the ground that were tracking migration noted that one way to tell a true person fleeing for their life’s and economic migrant are those who bypassed Italy and Greece and was trying to get to the Nordic countries who have a bigger public safety net.

If you or I was running for our lives for safety in a country we would likely be happy to get to the first country that wasn’t persecuting us. Now if they are from Mexico that is more complicated, but if they are coming from let’s say Columbia they are bypassing and skipping many countries to get into America.

2 Likes