The worst things about Biden paying off college debt

Feel? What sort of feelings should I have?

Why don’t you start a thread about those feelings and maybe I’ll think about it.

They do, that’s who’s going to pay for it.

Why should the people pay for the privileged few to go to college? Aren’t the rich subsidized enough that you need to subsidize their kids too?

3 Likes

The farmers are feeding us. What are rich college kids doing for us?

Now why not file that comment to be included in the new thread on farm subsidies that you are going to start.

2 Likes

Bailed out from what?

What do students produce?

At least you had a house to refinance. Why is college or trade school not free in the first place? Another example where the well-off have a systemic advantage.

I hope you signed a contract with her. If not, she is under no obligation to repay you.

Bingo!

My guess is rich kids aren’t the ones getting or needing most of the loans.

Your guess? :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile:

Yes unlike some…I dont claim to know all about all.

It shows … :wink:

Good point.

I agree. My bet is it’s middle and upper middle class.

Free? Why should it be government financed Jimmy?

Now if you want to talk about coming out of free high school with a trade certification, you got my attention.

Why should I pay to educate your kids for another 1-4 years when I’ve already paid for the first 12 and mine for another 4?

How about instead of me paying another 4, you figure out how to teach them what they need to know in the first 12 and set some reasonable expectations?

1 Like

Because we have 5 US companies that are worth more than the GDP of Germany. It’s well passed time for them to step up. I don’t expect you to pay anymore for these initiatives.

You step my company up, you’re taking it out of my pocket. They don’t work for that company and it’s not a company’s responsibility to educate your or my kids.

And just for the record, they do it anyway for careers that benefit the company.

Why should Exxon pay for some knothead to get a degree in gender studies or social justice.

Want taxpayer funded college, join the Air Force.

2 Likes

What does that have to do with you? You didn’t build that, why should you benefit from it?

I don’t benefit from it either way. My kids are taken care of and can get the education they need. I do think raising corporate tax rates could fund this initiative and would benefit the country as a whole.

“College” doesn’t “benefit the country as a whole.” Some degrees can.

They want to study medicine, nursing, civil engineering, that kind of thing fine. We set up a program where after they graduate, they work for the gov on a subsistence wage helping in deprived areas. Then they can get their debt paid off, get a license and fly away. I’ve seen that system and it works.

Making college free for everything and you turn it into high school II. It won’t mean anything and you’ll have to have a masters to get a job.

A degree in Social Justice does not benefit the country.

1 Like