The United States of America will default on or about June 1st, due to substantially lower than expected tax revenue in April

Any time a party has the power to hold up the debt ceiling increase, they have the power to hold up the budget.

So THAT is when they should flex their muscle to get spending under control.

Not on a negotiation that’s about paying bills already incurred.

So then the 1939 law should be repealed?
Okay.

But while it is in force, should we now suddenly and never before pretend it has been repealed?

I see Yellen Yelling , but who ever runs this admin does not seem willing to negotiate.

A fact when viewed through a lib prism.

Biden administration stance backfiring…and they are ‘stunned’ by it.

Looks like old Joe might be coming to that bargaining table after all.

As he demands carte blanche

Yeah…we will see.

It always goes to the last minute and then they find a compromise. Lost count of the times we have been here before.

Yes, but it’s usually Democrats that are calling for compromise not the other way around. Democrats should know there is still a big part of the electorate that wants the parties to work together.

Their way or the highway.

It’s their way and the highway to heck.

Highway to “heck”. Fixed it for you. :wink:

And, it’s done!

May their underpants suddenly shrink 10 sizes.

2 Likes

Whatever the agreement- I’d bet 20 McCarthy can’t sell it to the MAGA hardliners.

1 Like

He won’t have to if he can get Dems on board. And the same coalition could then defeat the inevitable attempt to remove McCarthy.

Yeah thats a wild road tho. Undercutting the MAGAs to get a deal done? He better get Trump’s blessing because if he doesnt, hes done- even if the Dems bail him out on any attempt at removal.

I am pulling for McCarthy to not let the country collapse into default just to save his own political skin. We shall see.

Why and how would he be done? If the vote to remove him fails, his next big test would be re-election.

Yup… re-election. And all the money needed for re-election.