The Unbearable Weight of Massive Talent (2022 Film)

I saw The Unbearable Weight of Massive Talent today, and I absolutely enjoyed it.

I loved the performance by Nicholas Cage, and I also loved the action & humor in the picture.

I definitely recommend everyone to see it in theatres.

I give it a grade of an B+.

ENJOY!

1 Like

The tongue in cheek movie title is the first time in history the words massive talent have ever been used to describe Nicolas Cage

1 Like

Cage’s early career was interesting—Valley Girl, Birdy, Racing With the Moon, and some others. I don’t begrudge anyone cashing in, but he took it to the next level.

It sounds like he’s been doing lots of STV stuff to pay off his debts.

The best movie ever, not coincidentally his best performance, was as Cameron Poe in Con Air. The southern accent was right on the money, I think it was because of the sudo-mullet. And luckily, his character wasn’t overshadowed by the worlds greatest actor, John Cusack. The realism of this film was only rivaled by the second greatest movie of all time, Face Off.

3 Likes

I like most of Cage’s work.

He is quite talented.

1 Like

giphy

5 Likes

He is good at picking roles but is not a talented actor. His delivery is always either over the top or not enough

Man, the Cage Superman would have been insane. I’m almost sorry they didn’t make it.

It’s an act.

He is a massive talent. What he did in the movie Pig shows that the bad movies are purposefully bad and the good movies are purposefully good.

He should have won an Oscar for it over anybody.

2 Likes

I love this post more than … well i don’t want to say it out loud.

From what I’ve heard, he’s finally gotten the debt under control - maybe he stopped buying dinosaur bones and haunted houses, I dunno - but in the last few years he’s made (in my opinion) some of the best movies of his career.

I recommend Pig and Mandy.

3 Likes

I also enjoyed The Rock. Of course, Sean Connery provides an automatic upgrade just by being there. Same for Clint Eastwood.

I am slightly pilfering a review quote but the John Wickiness of Pig with the tension build up can’t be overstated.

Looking forward to watching this one

Luckily for him, his uncle cast him in Peggy Sue Got Married.

Everyone on set hated the voice he used for his character in that movie, but it still became his breakout role.

Of course I guess maybe Moonstruck was really his breakout role.

Maybe this new movie will be his breakout role. But I think it was Raising Arizona. Nick Cage has something for everyone.

1 Like

:grin:
Hoping the sarcasm was picked up on. I really did like the movies, but every one of his flicks has something to laugh at. Intentionally or not.

1 Like

He is talented at playing Nicholas Cage. Very one-dimensional.

This is how much I love Nic Cage:

4 Likes