THE TRUMPS TAKE JAPAN: The President Jokes with Troops, Says Jealous of Melania's Press ‘Coverage’

Originally published at: THE TRUMPS TAKE JAPAN: The President Jokes with Troops, Says Jealous of Melania’s Press ‘Coverage’ | Sean Hannity

President Trump spoke with American service members stationed in Japan this Memorial Day; jokingly telling the troops he’s jealous of First Lady Melania Trump’s media coverage during their state visit to the country.

“I want to thank you, Melania. You’ve been really the talk of Japan. They’re not covering me, I’m a little bit upset with her right now. No, they love you in Japan, honey, and we appreciate it very much,” said the President.

President Trump speaks to troops aboard the USS Wasp in Yokosuka, Japan: "I want to thank you, Melania. You've been really the talk of Japan. They're not covering me, I'm a little bit upset with her right now. No, they love you in Japan, honey, and we appreciate it very much." pic.twitter.com/vyDHFqfxmp

— The Hill (@thehill) May 28, 2019

President Trump arrived in Japan over the weekend for an official state visit; meeting with Prime Minister Shinzo Abe following North Korea’s latest missile tests. The two leaders played a round of golf, ate double-hamburgers, enjoyed ring-side seats at a traditional Sumo wrestling match, then ate a late-dinner of Japanese barbecue.

The President’s visit comes after a new report that showed the Commander-in-Chief with a “formidable” advantage heading into the 2020 election.

President Trump is now projected to win the 2020 race for the White House by three different election models; with experts saying he has a “formidable” advantage against any potential Democratic opponent.

“Steven Rattner, who served as counselor to the Treasury secretary in the Obama administration and worked on the auto industry bailouts, explained in his piece that three separate projection models currently point to a win for Trump,” reports Fox News.

“One model by Ray Fair, a professor at Yale, projects Trump’s 2020 vote share as high as 56 percent given the economic boom, but that does not account for voters’ issues with the president’s personality,” adds the author.

The projection comes as former Vice President Joe Biden extends his lead as the Democratic frontrunner heading into 2020.

President Trump unloaded on Biden last Monday saying Barack Obama “took him off the trash heap” during the 2008 race for the White House.