The three year democratic temper tantrum. What should the republicans do?

Yep. And I definitely would not devote one single second to re-hashing the Mueller report. It would be plain stooopid for them to do this again.

Trump has been accused. So what. Does that make the accusation true?

Of the articles are dismissed as improperly produced, or get a “not guilty” ruling, that would remove any smear from Trump and essentially impeach the House, accusing them of incompetence or worse

We still have 5 more years to catch up to the cons with obama…

Nobody is disagreeing. Investigate as long as you like Nancy. We are simply saying that the republicans have already played this game. And it would be a total waste of time to play it again. Why bother? Right?

1 Like

Nah. Unlike the obama trump really did abuse his powers

Nah. You are trying desperately to make this a disagreement. I don’t think it is. Nobody is saying that the dems should not do this impeachment thing forever. I’m just saying that the republicans should move on from it. They have nothing to gain from it. The dems don’t need them anyway.

1 Like

More flexible after the election? Unknown role in campaign surveillance?

He pushed it further than Trump right there.

Obama is regarded as a pretty good guy and not financially corrupt like so many in Congress. I hope that is all we ever find.

:non-potable_water:

Nah. Nobody is asking about Obama.

But I will ask you this. Is there any reason that the republicans should get involved in the next impeachment scheme? Do the democrats really need them?

They do have to attend.

The 2/3 vote is for Senators PRESENT, not the entire Senate.

So if the GOP doesn’t show up, the Dem Senators will easily convict Trump with a 2/3 vote.

That’s what WW was saying.

As for waiting, GOP wants it to happen fast. They’re the ones reacting to Pelosi taking her time.

…for no good reason

< clears throat >

she lost. get over it

I expect the Republicans to follow the rules of the Congress. So far they have looked silly by being critical of the agreed to process. And the president looks even more silly lying about his rights not being addressed. And it appears from the polls that there is a growing concern about what the WH is hiding by controlling certain documents and witnesses.

Okay. No problem. I can compromise. If they want to show up in the senate for 15 minutes to vote, then sure, knock yourself out. The republicans have already said, about 4 million times over the past 4 years, that Trump did not collude with Russia. Now the dems want to impeach him for colluding with Russia. The republicans should no longer participate in these goofy hearings. Why bother? They should not step foot into any impeachment hearing. They have better things to do than to listen to Shifty babble yet again.

but you didnt expect the dems to follow those rules. superb!

1 Like

I have not seen where the Dems didn’t follow the rules.

watch something besides cnn

i know i know you havent watched tv since the 60’s

What does that have to do all the years the Clintons were investigated?

The hearings are over. He’s been impeached.

And he’s not been impeached over “Russian collusion”.

Do the rules of congress state that the republicans have to show up and listen to Shifty babble on about some crazy assed debunked Trump/ Russia collusion conspiracy theory? What a colossal waste of time.