The three year democratic temper tantrum. What should the republicans do?

For over three years it’s been investigation after investigation. Impeachment and maybe impeachment again. This is the biggest sore loser, crybaby tantrum our country has ever seen.

So what should the republicans do? Here is my excellent advice. Release the following statement:

The democrats have been investigating and threatening to impeach the President since before he took his oath of office. They have failed. They lost. It’s over. We have played their silly game with them. But we are now finished. Republican participation in endless investigations will no longer happen. We will no longer be testifying in house. And the senate will not be accepting any more impeachment investigations. Dems may continue with this debacle but it will be without us. We have better things to do.

Thoughts?

2 Likes

News flash: D Trump has been impeached.

1 Like

Newsflash: Everybody knows. What took you so long?

Should the republicans continue to play this silly assed game? Or move on to more important things?

Interesting given that there are some on here that argue to the contrary.

Perhaps the Senate could start debating the hundred of bills passed by the House of Reps. The first one should be the one dealing with universal background checks.

1 Like

I think this whole impeachment investigation has been phony from the beginning. Democrats know that the only reason they have been investigating Trump for over THREE YEARS is because they’re upset that he won the election by millions of voters. It’s a sham. Donald Trump needs to start FIGHTING BACK! He should utilize his Justice Department to investigate all the Democrats in Congress who voted to impeach him. I’m sure that we can find something illegal, or at least something that looks bad that we can weaponize to defeat them in their next election. If Democrats can do it to Trump I don’t see why he shouldn’t do it to them.

1 Like

News flash: D Trump will be reelected. Voters will show the temper tantrum (impeachment) to be the lie that it is.

4 Likes

We started it with the five years if investigations into B. Clinton.

We reap what we soe.

We (the GOP) complaining after what we did is pretty hypocritical when the only thing that resulted from the Whitewater Investigation was impeaching Clinton, not convicted in the Senate, for getting a hummer in the oval office and lying about it.
.WW, PHS

1 Like

It is getting very close to Christmas Day here so here is my last post until Boxing Day. We shall see in November, 2020.

Best wishes for all.

1 Like

I would do the exact opposite. Republicans should just refuse to participate in a sham. Not a single republican should show up to any additional impeachment shows. Wash their hands and walk away.

Merry Christmas!

I think we are actually agreeing. The dems should impeach again. But why should the republicans give them the time of day? Let the dems have their fun without the republicans.

2 Likes

That would be problematic. If Republicans don’t show up to the trial, Democrats only need 2/3rds of the Senators present to convict.

#1 As a reliable GOP vote for 42 years I’m embarrassed that my party put Trump in the White House. In 2016 we were handed a ■■■■ sandwich choice between Clinton and Trump. I still voted for a GOP candidate (Primary and General) but not for Trump.

#2 I really don’t care what the DEMs do, but for the first time I’ll vote for a DEM for the White House and I’ve been thinking of voting in the DEM primary to try to influence them toward a centrist candidate and not a LWNJ.
.WW, PHS

3 Likes

That would not be problematic. They can declare it dead on arrival. But if you want them to take 15 minutes to vote, then okay fine.

I’m not really concerned about your feelings. The amazing results under Trump override your feelings.

So why should the republicans participate any longer? What’s the point?

The GOP is free “not to participate” although Trump won’t let that happen. He will continue to tweet and THAT IS GOP participation.

However they are still required to do their Constitutional duty. So the GOP will still have to deal with Trump being the 3rd US President impeached to decide to convict or not. According to the Senate rules they are waiting on (a) the impeachment vote, (b) the articles of impeachment, and (b) the House Manager list which will come over in January.

At that point they will have no choice but to “participate” either by:
(A) Moving to dismiss and having them on record for dismissal with a majority vote, or
(B) Moving to trial and convict or not, again with a vote.
.WW, PHS

3 Likes

Do? Republicans should focus on conservative policies and getting them implemented. On policies which continue to support the economy.

On the impeachment, they should attend and vote “nay” barring some overwhelming evidence of high crimes or misdemeanors.

In other words they should do their jobs.

The 17th Amendment is an abomination.

2 Likes

I disagree. I don’t think that they are obligated to do anything. They don’t have to provide an opening statement, they don’t have to provide a defense and the don’t have to testify at all. They probably don’t even have to attend.

The GOP should encourage the dems to go with another impeachment. Take as long as you wish. But we have better things to do than to rehash the Mueller report ………AGAIN… When you’re done, if you’re ever done, send it to the Senate.

What’s wrong with that?

What the GOP should do is move forward and be positive.

There is a lot of good happening with the ever present problems we need to work on.

:arrow_heading_up:

1 Like

Nah…