The Super Bowl 54 Thread

Obama didn’t know there were only 50 states and that is still a joke to this day.

How long will not knowing the Chiefs represent the Kansas City that’s in Missouri last as a joke amongst Trump supporters?

Probably not very long…:grin:

Hahahahah. He deleted it.

https://twitter.com/travisakers/status/1224172511732076545?s=21

No comment on the game?

Looks like it’s been deleted whatever it was. When I click says page not found.

Here you go.

1 Like

The post above where Trump points to Kansas City as part of Kansas, that got deleted. Got to admit, that is Biden like. I think Trump is happy that the city that Pelosi represents, lost the game.

Ask just about anyone not from the area and not a sports fan what state Kansas City teams play for and the usual answer is Kansas.

The Chiefs offensive line held up fairly well. The turning point was when KC converted that 3rd and 15 downfield. Had it been a good pass Hill would have probably scored.

It was a perfectly adequate game. strong text

But as Jay mentioned, Garropolo had the receiver wide open and if he would have passed it just threw it just a few yards closer to him, the Niners would have gone ahead again

Ya boy praised the entire state of Kansas for the Chiefs super bowl win. Then … deleted the tweet and changed it to Missouri.

1 Like

Yep. I lost 10 bucks on that game. Not everybody can make that pass every time. It’s not that easy of a pass to make. Some quarterbacks make it look easy, he can’t.

Congratulations to the Chiefs and their fans. This has to feel pretty damn good.

Good Lord. He never passes up a moment to embarrass himself.

1 Like

What was with the 49ers clock (mis)management right before the half? I knew they would lose after seeing whatever that was.

Not that they mismanaged, they just seemed happy to go into halftime tied unless they broke a big play. I’ve seen teams do this a lot when they don’t want to chance giving the other team the ball back. They’ll do a run or a quick pass, if it breaks for chunk yardage, then they’ll try to get into FG range with little to no time. If not, the clock runs out. And they did but for the penalty.

They didn’t even take a time out after stopping KC on third down. That burned 40 plus seconds that were more important than one timeout. Just terrible. Playing to lose, it was.

I know. But is 2 timeouts with 2 minutes left much different than 3 timeouts with 1:20 left? That’s what you’d do if you were trying to not let KC get the ball back before the half. So yeah, a conservative approach.

Yes, it absolutely is, and it’s why they lost. Play to win.

The Super Bowl is not a game to be played conservatively.

Teams should go in aggressively and go all in and for broke.

All I am saying is that it wasn’t bad clock management. It was intentional. It’s a tactic used on many occasions during the season to not give the ball back to the opposing team. If they do, they’re not left with any time. The 49ers played for a FG or nothing. That’s what they did. If not for the penalty they would have got it.

Of course it’s bad since it didn’t work. And Andy Reid is a genius on his 4th down attempts. An idiot if he doesn’t make them. We can do hindsight all night. That said, I am very happy Reid got his ring.