The seven most dangerous cities are all run by Democrats

Not so much who, more of what policies are to blame.

There have been studies that show having more social programs in education, job training, and other ways to support those that need help, could do a lot to reduce crime rates.

Unfortunately, that is not very popular with the US public. What usually happens, is cities hire more police, as the public tends to favor that, as it can help reduce the problem, but does not address what causes people to resort to crime.

Many countries that have more robust social support, combined with affordable healthcare, Eduction, strong unions do not see the high crime rates in their cities…that may have something to do with it.

It’s still being destroyed. I would like to see someone in office with the stones to address it the debt. Good news though for the forever printers it’s not going to happen.

Border patrol and police union members tend to be quite conservative.

Also this: “The U.S. Chamber of Commerce is pleased to see desperately needed border security, asylum, and immigration reforms included in the emergency supplemental funding proposal before the U.S. Senate. The economic disruption and human suffering wrought by our border crisis have become so severe that Congress cannot afford to ignore these problems any longer. We look forward to working with Members of Congress to pass these commonsense measures that will improve America’s security by addressing our southern border and supporting Ukraine, Israel, and Taiwan.”

The US Chamber of commerce tends to be quite conservative.

But I get it, Moscow Mike and Trump are all in for Putin…as are most MAGA heads.

Well then since all American communities are under the same laws then they should all be just like these. Of course the dem politicians and their policies which have dominated these communities for decades are blameless! Kind of supports what I said

Basic laws are generally the same…but there are many differences among state and come city laws.

Do you think having a more robust social system would help crime rates in these cities?

What do you think are the cause(s)?

Children are a product of who their parents are and how they are raised! Democrat policies have led to the decline of the traditional American family which has absolutely been a major factor in these communities.

3 Likes

What policies?

Parents need to have the proper tools available to raise kids to be productive humans.
the old saying of “follow the money” applies here…

With lobbyists having so much influence in DC, and the legalization of bribing pols…the interests of the ultra wealthy and corporations are priorities, vs the priorities of everyday people.

Do you think we should try to reduce the influence of money in the electoral and legislative processes?

Like I said in the minds of people like you lib politicians can do no wrong.

1 Like

Please elaborate on “follow the money applies here” in referencing the raising of children.

Where do you get that? The suggestions I offered up as possible ways to deal with these issues have not been put in place by these major cities. There are very few liberal pols…most are moderate at best…and trying to convince people to spend millions of dollars to help the poor, and put in programs that could address these issues, are not popular. Hiring more police…that is more acceptable.

Keep in mind, these cities are in the USA…and there is only so much a city can do to make change.

What specific policies are you referring to…and what would you do different?

Here are the 15 worst cities for crime.

DC is not among them.

Most are in red states.

https://thehill.com/homenews/nexstar_media_wire/4366668-these-cities-and-towns-are-most-dangerous-in-the-us-study-finds/

None of that is remotely accurate.

Why don’t the cities themselves attempt to alleviate the poor?

1 Like

It hasn’t.

1 Like

Most southern cities have always been ■■■■ holes.

There’s a reason so many of us choose to live in the middle of nowhere versus even a town, much less a city.

2 Likes

You really want to go there?

I would quit letting 1-2 million more poor people cross the border that have to be taken care of by the taxpayer who is suffering under inflation.

4 Likes

Major changes could be implemented allow parents to be more involved. Things like not having to worry about health care, or to know if kids could attend a vocational school or college at an affordable cost…possibly free if they qualified.

I agree with you regarding having 2 dedicated parents involved in the upbringing of child gives them the best chance to succeed. (data supports this) How do we do that?

Maybe encourage people to not have kids until they are “ready” ? (I suggest after the age of 25) maybe this could be taught in schools or one’s church.

There is more, but that is off the top of my head.

2 Likes

I mean a city like Los Angeles is absolutely enormous with a GDP that rivals small European countries. Certainly they could afford a generous cradle to grave welfare scheme for their citizens.

Do you support the current border bill? That would be a start to making that possible.