The SCOTorioUS ACB - cnn Believes They Have the Scoop on Coney-Barrett's Nomination

they might even say things about magic underwear

almost as useless as generalizations

1 Like

if you’re not even sure what you believe on that basic level, what use is anything you say you believe on a more nuanced level. can’t trust people who doubt their own beliefs.

Abraham Lincoln?

And just where to you get that conclusion from?

Republicans can be naive like children, trying to pick centralist Constitutionalists.

You haven’t read the book.

In writing the book, Atwood found inspiration in the real-life stories of acquaintances who had fought in resistance efforts in World War II in Poland, France, and Holland.

"Barrett is said to be a member of the People of Praise group, which is similar to a patriarchal church organization that was one of the inspirations for The Handmaid’s Tale.

Atwood emphasized that it was not, in fact, the People of Praise who inspired her book.

“It wasn’t them. It was a different one but the same idea,” she said."

Well you might want to tell her that…She said it was a group like 'People of Praise". She also said she wanted the book to fade away. Which is why I believe she’s parsing here.

I doubt she wrote a dystopian women’s suffrage book right after a lib was blocked from the bench to remain apolitical.

“Over the years, Atwood has said that for personal and political reasons, she’d hoped that The Handmaid’s Tale would fade into irrelevance. She hoped its dark visions, and grim political scenarios, would drift far apart from present-day reality.”

No need, she took care of it herself. You might want to read the book and maybe some of what she said at the time.

I started a thread on it a while back. Links and everything.

Oh and Margaret might want to read her Bible.

1 Like

I think it’s cute that they feel a woman on a federal bench is a Handmaid.

4 Likes

And…??

LOL…yes. Apparently they didn’t/haven’t thought it through.

1 Like

Read the conversation we were having…then you’ll understand.

My bad. I forgot that Republicans have to go back 160 years to provide a favorable comparison with Democrats.

Bob Byrd?

Joe Biden?

Maybe during her job interview she can sob about how much she loves beer and still get the job.

1 Like

No it isn’t… but this viewpoint certainly sheds light on how some on the right are able to so easily write off scientific studies.